Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Avoided the scale for 3 weeks

bexxgirl
bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
..because I was getting fixated and obsessed about it, so needed to break the habit.

The pay-off came today when I weighed in and I'd lost 3kgs! (6.6lbs).

YUSSS!!!! :drinker:

Replies

• tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Congratulations!!! I'm the exact opposite I like to weigh myself every morning to stay on track.
  • That's great, that is what I should do!
  • bexxgirl
    Well, the way I was looking at it was this:

I don't like getting obsessed about it and I didn't like the highs and lows that came with weighing all the time.

Also, I figured that regardless of what the scale says, I'm not going to throw in the towel and go back to my old ways. This is a change for life, so I wanted to stop letting the scales rule my emotions!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Well done on the weight loss :flowerforyou: The scale sit there calling every morning - I know I shouldn't weigh daily becasue of normal fluctuations, but I can't resist jumping on. At least if I sneak up a bit I know to change whatever it is I was doing the days prior!
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 172 Member
    I LIKE TO CHECK IT EVERYDAY JUST TO MAKE SURE I AM HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. GOOD JOB ON YOUR WEIGHTLOSS.
  • fitnfancy80
    fitnfancy80 Posts: 251 Member
    I am going to do the same. The scale is making me crazy.
  • Sixleafclover
    Sixleafclover Posts: 24 Member
    I know what you mean about the fixation thing. I decided to go 30 days without weighing myself. Only 5 days left!! hahaha... And it hasn't been easy not jumping on that freaking scale.....

Congrats on the loss!! :D
  • OMG....Was weighing my self every day, but I went away, was very good, but had to rely on others to cook my food. I mean I would order a veggie egg white omlette dry, but how do I know they didn't use something, etc, also had a few drinks. Got home after 5 days and thrilled I didn't gain any weight. It was a bit disappointing that I didn't loose, and I was SO good, but I didn't track, cuz I couldn't...So I'm holding off until Sunday, to see if I've lost since returning Monday. Its amazing, I have to fight with myself in the bathroom each morning not to get on...maybe I'm move the scale....
  • so nice! i wish we can "like" posts here! very well said! congrats to you! :)
    Well, the way I was looking at it was this:

I don't like getting obsessed about it and I didn't like the highs and lows that came with weighing all the time.

Also, I figured that regardless of what the scale says, I'm not going to throw in the towel and go back to my old ways. This is a change for life, so I wanted to stop letting the scales rule my emotions!
  • tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    I think I need to do the same. I'm ashamed to say I weigh myself 3-4 times a day. That's a bit neurotic. Ah, change is hard.
  • bexxgirl
    It was tempting at first, but then I put the scale away in a drawer! I'm lucky I had MFP to help keep me focused, because I can certainly understand how some people need the weigh-ins to keep motivated.

Think I'm going to stick to fortnightly from now on. It makes the changes seem less painfully slow!!
  • mommy2girlies
    mommy2girlies Posts: 56 Member
    That is amazing! Very nice! I wish I had the will power to give up the scale for even 48 hrs!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    I tried to go a month without weighing before. I lasted 6 days. Now I can go 7 days easily but I get a bit miffed that the weight loss is a lot slower than it was. It's still good weight loss, just not as fast as in the beginning. When it gets too frustrating, I might go out to ten days or two weeks. If you can do it, I can too!
  • tz2187
    tz2187 Posts: 250 Member
    I get on the scale every morning...it's crazy. Maybe in a few weeks I will challenge myself to stay clear of it..but not yet. lol
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    I weigh every day after handling my "business" and before any intake of food/drink. I can deal just fine with the daily fluctuations and like to review the previous day when I see a large spike. Most times it's water weight due to over-sodium.
  • luv that I decided to weigh myself every two weeks, it can get obssesive and I'm strong enough to stick to my eat plan so there should'nt be a prob!
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    that's an awesome idea! Think I might try it... I was up 3 lbs this morning and it's sure is discouraging.
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    I need to do the same because I obsess with weighing myself! I only log once a week but I find it easier to stay on track
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!