Does anyone pre-plan their days?

Options

Replies

• ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I sometimes log the night before.. most days I log that morning for my whole day, especially if we plan to eat out
  • nellie1965
    Options
    yes every day if I wind up doing something different I just change it congrats on you super success thus far!17435019.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
    022988 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I try to do this, at least breakfast through lunch. I eat lunch out often at work, and I try to log it so that I can make a good choice before getting to the drive thru. If I didn't research and pre-plan it, I would end up with a 900 calorie lunch. This way I can make sure I get a decent option at Subway or Wendy's.

Same for times when I know I'll have a large dinner, I try to pre-plan that way I can be sure to bring a low-calorie lunch and snacks to work.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yes I do during the work week. I eat the same breakfast, lunch and snacks every day so I just copy over the previous day for each meal. Then whatever is left is for dinner!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Pre-planner here! Mostly during the week when I know my schedule. Weekends, not as much. I tend to eat the same meals Mon-Thurs at least. Simple and it works for me. There are only slight variations, but that's like eating jello vs. not eating jello, using a different marinade for my chicken, etc etc :-)
  • Mommyofseven
    Options
    I tend to eat the same thing in the morning due to time issues. For lunch I generally eat salad greens with whatever leftover protein I have from dinner the night before. My husband and I figure out what we will have for dinner and then I input the calories to see what a good serving size will be to keep me below 1200 calories.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan a week in advance. I start on Wednesday planning what I want to eat next week. Cook or prepare it on Sunday and log all of it, except for dinners. Dinners is whatever is left to consume. I don't log weekends.
  • sassyshell
    sassyshell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I plan most days and especially weekends which are my hardest days. My breakfast alternates between two meals so that's easy. Lunch and dinner I plan also because I plan my meals for my family for week too.If I don't plan, I always go over.
  • Maria052007
    Maria052007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! Congratz on the lost! I "semi" pre-plan if I can. I normally enter it before I make/ buy stuff if I can. That has come down to sitting in a restaurant w my bf and looking up nutritional information on the MPF app in order to decide what I'm going to order. But, I always try to plan how many calories I'm going to eat at which meal and do my best to stick to it.
  • MsBaby117
    MsBaby117 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Always!! It helps keep me on track!! :flowerforyou:
  • sassyshell
    sassyshell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I plan most days and especially weekends which are my hardest days. My breakfast alternates between two meals so that's easy. Lunch and dinner I plan also because I plan my meals for my family for week too.If I don't plan, I always go over.
  • KLK1986
    Options
    I enter a basic outline for the whole week on Sunday, leaving a few hundred calories a day to play with (and more when I exercise) for those unexpected food moments!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i have dinners entered for about the next two weeks. each night i sit down and plan the next days breakfast/lunch/snacks etc. it really helps me stay on track and keeps me from grazing all day
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I generally workout first thing in the morning and then plan most of my food in advance leaving room here or there for slight changes.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan a week in advance. I start on Wednesday planning what I want to eat next week. Cook or prepare it on Sunday and log all of it, except for dinners. Dinners is whatever is left to consume. I don't log weekends.
    I've thought about doing this, makes sense if you're always in a hurry. I'd be afraid I'd eat the entire weeks food on Monday :)
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan at least 90% of the time. I think it helps soooo much. The days I don't pre-plan are always all messed up.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    I always pre-plan my day, especially meals. This way I can adjust when needed or allow for the unexpected without feeling guilty.
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I don't pre-plan, but I tend to eat the same thing most days for breakfast, and stick with things I know the breakdown for at lunch. I try to leave a bunch of calories to "spend" at dinner, after dinner, etc. When I know I'm going to have a more caloric meal (usually dinner) I put that in first, then plan the rest of the day around it, so I don't run over.
  • kryptonitekelly
    kryptonitekelly Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'm scared I'll obsess again. But then again this time round, I'm aiming to only lose a few lbs like 5lbs, then tone and maintain...

but yeah, i find it too obsessing to plan my meals, unless I crave something...then I plan :)...
  • Rayman233
    Rayman233 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I try and pre plan the next day but I don't worry about each catagory. I mainly watch total calorie intake. I am eating mostly healthy foods anyways.