running with cellophane

Options
Hey im just woundering if anyone has ever done this and did it really help woth weight loss?

Replies

• jdogsparky
    Options
    Hey im just woundering if anyone has ever done this and did it really help woth weight loss?

Not sure what that would even do!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure if I ran with to over my face it would hinder my breathing.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

ha!
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    wait, whaaaat?

i'm totally not intending to be rude, but do you mean running while WEARING cellophane? :noway: i'm too shy and even the tinted cellophane is somewhat transparent... :laugh:
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    To the OP, this would be exactly as useful as sitting an sauna. You might sweat more but so what?
  • kiki41
    kiki41 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    That is a really, really bad idea. Period. It does nothing... NOTHING for FAT loss. Water yes, but fat.... no.
  • sld_12
    sld_12 Posts: 11
    Options
    I've never done it personally, but my dad did back when he was wrestling in high school and college. It helps you lose weight, yes, but it's all water weight. Wrestlers use it when they need to make weight in a couple hours, but it all comes back from what I've been told.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options

LOL
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't run with scissors.

This is a complete myth. Sweating more doesn't equal more weight loss. You'll maybe lose some water weight, which will come back as soon as you are hydrated. Also, people will think you're weird, and avoid eye-contact with you.
  • MasterEli
    Options
    I remember when I was a kid we had a crazy neighbour who wrapped herself in cling wrap for jogging. Not sure that it helped her with anything but becoming the 'crazy neighbour'.
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I think our OP is talking about wrapping one's body in saran wrap. You know, like the wrestler's did way back when.

And yes all it does is make you sweat more, but you HAVE HAVE HAVE to replace those fluids! So, whatever you lose... you have to put back in, otherwise you'll mess a lot of important stuff up, like YOUR HEART. You know that thing that pumps the blood that keeps you alive.........

So, no wrapping yourself in cellophane is really not a great idea.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I don't think that cellophane is heavy enough to have any effect on your workout. Maybe you could try running with a bowling ball or a boat anchor.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't run with scissors. .

Wait, what? Who made that rule?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Would you lose scale weight?
    Yes.

Would it be fat?
    No.

Scale weight =/= fat.

All you would lose is water weight, which would come right back as soon as you hydrated.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, don't run with scissors. .

Wait, what? Who made that rule?

YOUR MOM! :smile:
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I workout often with a sauna suit, I know, I know, your only sweating out water your going to replace. I consume 8 to 12 8 oz. glasses a day. I feel better with my pours opening up and sweating. I feel it cleaning my "outer garment, my skin". I always feel better after a workout, wearing my sauna suit.

So if you want to wrap yourself in cellophane and work up a good sweat, go for it, please remember though, to replenish the water depletion.

Best to ya.
  • lovinbeinold
    Options
    OMG, thank you for posting this. It answered a question my husband and I have had for over a year. We saw a young woman riding a motorcycle in Topeka. The back of her shirt kept coming up, revealing her Saran wrapped body, at least what we could see. We could not figure out why she had that on there. it was sliding down and she kept trying to adjust it and trying to keep her shirt down. We thought something might be wrong with her and that was somehow helping. But I bet anything it was what is being discussed in this thread.
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    YOUR MOM! :smile:

See.....I knew I should have listened to her.....
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options

OMG .... I'm still laughing!!!

But to the OP ... in my son's wrestling days, he ran with sweats and a trash bag over his body while on the treadmill to make weight.

I'm not proud of it, but considering what else is done in the name of making weight, it was a short term method to cut weight. Which was quickly recovered after the weigh in with drinking water, gatorade, or the likes.

To my knowledge, he never slept in a trash bag .... and I'm *sure* he told me everything he and the other wrestlers did to make sure they could wrestle on wrestling day. He was pretty natural at his weight class, so really the totally crazy things didn't happen that much in our home.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I workout often with a sauna suit, I know, I know, your only sweating out water your going to replace. I consume 8 to 12 8 oz. glasses a day. I feel better with my pours opening up and sweating. I feel it cleaning my "outer garment, my skin". I always feel better after a workout, wearing my sauna suit.

So if you want to wrap yourself in cellophane and work up a good sweat, go for it, please remember though, to replenish the water depletion.

Best to ya.

I don't need cellophane, I sweat enough on my own :laugh: