30 Day shred hand weights

Options
Wut lb hand weights are u all using,if ppl who is doing 30 day shred. I got 5lbs but looks like itz bit heavy for me.Is it ok if i go with 3 lbs .Does that make any difference.Thanks

Replies

• helper1112
    helper1112 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi there...

I started off with 3 and worked up to 5 and now I am using 8lbs. You can work your way up as you go.

Hope this helps.
  • Ashraz
    Ashraz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much :)
  • swilk627
    swilk627 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I started with 5 and now use 10.
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    I've been using 3 lbs throughout. I tried 5 once but found it slowed me down and didn't make the workout as efficient.
  • mocha76
    mocha76 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I started today with 3 lb weights and progress from there. :-)
  • littlemegzz
    littlemegzz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't have weights yet, so I am using two bottles of water (.6kg) and the books for the ones that I need a heavier weight for. I don't get paid until friday next week, so I will look at purchasing some 3 and 5kg weights then.
  • Marie92281
    Marie92281 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have been using 3lb weights since I started. the exercises in level 2 are alot harder to me so now im back at square 1 my shoulders are burning by time I finish with 3lb
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    i started off at 3 and that burned and made me super sore so that definitely worked for me...but now im used to the 3s on level one so i switched to the 5 pounders only for level one because level 2 is harder forsure!!! use whatever works for you and just work your way up as you get stronger!! and good luck!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I use 5-8lb for every thing except the eye level arm raises... I use 3lb.
  • renubhat_82
    renubhat_82 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I too used 3lbs as I found 5lbs weights are heavy to begin with.. :-)
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I also started with 3lb weights and have now progressed to 5.5lb. Just work withing your own limits, you should feel thwe workout but not so much you cant do the entire set.

You'll get there. :smile: