Joined tonight...will start tomorrow

Options
Hello! I thought I would check this out as suggested by my new wellness coach through my insurance. I have used other sites before and I am interested in seeing how this one works.

I will be 56 next month, I work at a desk job, mother of 4 and grandmother of 10 and have been newly married for a little over two years.

Looking forward to a new start.

:smile:

Replies

• jms3533
    jms3533 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    congrats on making the step! Feel free to add me as a friend. I just started a few days ago. I have lost 30 pounds since September, but just starting on MFP to help me be more accountable. I am on each day, tracking away. I am 56 also, and have a desk job.
  • txlady1956
    txlady1956 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have lost some since the fall myself but need to be more accountable as well.
  • jmart53
    Options
    Your Wellness coach has given you some good advise. You are really going to like this program. Welcome aboard. You will find everyone so helpful and supportive. Friend me if you like can alway use a new friend. Good luck to you.
  • jezlightyear
    jezlightyear Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    welcome, lady! (: i hope you enjoy your time here, i'm sure i'm not the only one who will agree that this website is just such a support system of positive people doing positive things with their lives! if you want to add me then go right ahead - that goes for the rest of you reading this too! :D i too am on every day tracking and posting (:
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal. :smile:
  • koalasue
    koalasue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you. This is a great site. I love how you journal your food and it is free. People on here are so supportive. If you want add me I track everyday haven't missed in almost 2 years
  • sunflowermom2
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You will like this site. It is very supportive and very useful. I love it here and log everyday. Feel free to add me if you want. I can always use a new friend.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site - 56 here but I have a very active job, only difference. Add me as a friend if you like, been here since December, lost 7 lbs before joining 22 since joining. I love this place and my MFP family. (Well except for some of the forums, I should just not read any but the Introduce Yourself one, lol.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Why wait until tomorrow? Start now.
  • hdg1822
    hdg1822 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is a great site to help keep you motivated. I joined after a friend told me that she lost 20 pounds using this site to stay accountable. Feel free to add me as a friend as I understand the need for motivation and try to pass that on to my friends.
  • Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! You will find it great for support and motivation. we are all on the same journey - you can do this!! Feel free to add me as a friend - and anybody else who would like to add me.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    welcome and enjoy! :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Hello! I thought I would check this out as suggested by my new wellness coach through my insurance. I have used other sites before and I am interested in seeing how this one works.

I will be 56 next month, I work at a desk job, mother of 4 and grandmother of 10 and have been newly married for a little over two years.

Looking forward to a new start.

:smile:

hi Txlady! Welcome to MFP!!
  • nsfoster7
    nsfoster7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    txlady

I have only been on 2 weeks and i love this site. I have the app on my phone and it really helps keep me on goal for my calories!

Best of luck to you!
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums! Just try to be as consistent and honest as possible
  • ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Also, I found that its better to input higher calories when you are not sure about the product you are consuming rather then underestimate it.
  • pinkprincess205
    Options
    Well done, theres some great people here.your do great x
  • Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm new too. I need to lose 30 lbs. If you wanna add me, feel free
  • tanya0881
    Options
    hope u enjoy as much as i have ive been on ot for 2 weeks and have lost 8lb so far
    good luck to everyone
    tanya0881
  • BreK51
    BreK51 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined today , 2/18/2012. And I am here to get healthier and to encourage others to do the same! We can do this together! I started eating my healthy lifestyle this morning, and with help I know We and I can do it! And making new friends will be a great Plus thru it all :)