Is 8:30 too late...

Options
2»

Replies

• lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Just did my first night of 30ds at 10pm.
  • entropy83
    entropy83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You have to find what works for you. I find that after 9 pm exercise seems to boost my adrenaline but to each its own.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body. If you're not able to sleep after exercise, I'd recommend waking nice and early to fit in your exercise so you don't stuff up the amount of sleep you're getting. if you don't struggle to catch some zzz's, then a night time workout might work for you :)
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Be careful! If you exercise that late your body may go into shock and die!
  • daphnemoon
    daphnemoon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I normally finish around 8:50/9pm, and though I do find that on those nights I'm more alert and find it harder to get to sleep it doesn't put me off, mainly because of the gym timetable I have to go in the evenings but its all good.
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I dont usually get on my treadmill till 9 sometimes 9.30...never too late .
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I work 9AM to 9:20PM, so I only end up working out around 9:30 or 10. It works for me, and I sleep pretty well after, so I think it should be ok :)
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If you work out late in the evening I would suggest taking a warm bath afterword as for it will help you sleep. I guess I wouldn't do a real heavy work out I would do something light but that is just me.
  • msjones2831
    msjones2831 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Exercise is always good, but do be aware that it may make it difficult to sleep if you do it within a few hours of bedtime. I'm a 10p bedtime person, so 8p doesn't work. However, if I'm feeling stress or pumped up I go for it anyway--I love 24hr gyms.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    24 hour fitness.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    As long as it doesn't interfere with your sleep, go for it! No such thing as a bad time for exercise!

^
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    whatever time works for you is the best time. I usually try and work out during the day but there were times I did late at night and it has never kept me up. I actually slept like a baby those nights :tongue:
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    24 hour fitness.

^^
  • Lovinmama
    Options
    I used to do a boot camp class at 7:30 pm twice a week, very intense work out! be shaking and hard to stand. It worked great for me because my kids were in bed, you should eat a little something after though, protien is always bed, apples with peanut butter. you dont want a sugar crash. Have your snack prepared before the work out so you dont go for the candy. You need a few hours between works outs and sleep. I wouldnt suggest going to sleep at 10 if you just finished a work out. I would go to sleep at 11 when i did boot camp but I slept great!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I do most of my exercise around 9pm. Your body doesn't care when you do it, just that you do it.
  • Parks0613
    Parks0613 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    If you abso0lutly have to workout at that time then its better than nothing. Honestly though its better workout 1 1/2hrs after you eat breakfast or if your just doing cardio first thing when you wake up before you eat.
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Bob Harper just said the other night on a tip..It is never to late to exercise..Someone had just asked that same question:smile:
  • KristinLeAnn252
    KristinLeAnn252 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yeah I certainly hope not. I usually don't get home from work until after 10:30pm and even then I have to eat dinner before I work out so it's usually after midnight before I get around to it lol.
  • ChanyRae
    ChanyRae Posts: 112
    Options
    I can't workout too close to bed time or I'm wired!!! I need at least 2-3 hours to chill out and get sleepy.
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I did the 30DS at 10pm tonite. I really didn't want to, but I knew if I didn't I would be disappointing myself. Glad now that I did it. Icing my knee as I type. :)