So let me get this straight

Options
can i eat what i want as long as i stay under the calorie intake for day, like i mean am i allowed to have a choco bar or some popcorn with a movie??

Replies

• ATK57
    ATK57 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    That's what I do! :) And it works fine! The whole idea behind diets like Atkins and OSuth Beach is to eliminate a food group just to reduce the calorie intake. Why not just reduce the calorie intake, but not sacrifice any food group? :)
  • kkjay
    kkjay Posts: 62
    Options
    Everyone has their own opinions, but I eat whatever I want within reason. As long as I don't eat too much of a bad thing too often, I eat what I want when I want it as long as it keeps me within my calorie limits.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ this.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Technically you could.

But bad foods will leave you more than likely hungry and at your calorie limit before the day is even over.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Precisely! That's what I've been doing and have lost a total of 40 pounds now. I try to get my 5 servings of fruit and veggies every day, but I have ice cream almost every night after dinner and popcorn QUITE frequently. And I cannot stay away from cookies. ;)
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Technically you could.

But bad foods will leave you more than likely hungry and at your calorie limit before the day is even over.

Personally, I don't think there are any "bad" foods.
  • SteveGresham
    Options
    I eat what ever I want as long as I keep under my daily goal. Dont get me wrong I dont eat five candy bars and six pack of beer but I think that if you keep it in moderation and stay under your goal you will see results.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I love to eat. I love it so much, I look for what will give me the lowest calorie bang for the size. That's right, I want something that will fill my stomach, but not overload my calories. I gigantic salad with dressing comes in under 100 calories. Pickles ... I love them ... are between 5 and 20 calories a piece depending on size.

Every now and again I'll eat my favorite food; Jelly Bellies. But I don't buy them often, and usually buy the smallest amount I can.

I love to eat, so I try to make sure I can eat all day long.