How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options
2»

Replies

• rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I weigh every day to monitor my progress. I record every few days. I'm obsessed with it I know.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Digital scales - but doesn't matter what kind, as long as its' the same one each time. I only weigh once every 2-4wks, for accuracy. I tend to get downhearted if the reading doesn't drop, and my weight loss is very slow. My first 6wks the scales stayed the same, but I could fit into small shorts!
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options
    I've read that people should weight themselves only once a week.

I am completely different. I weigh myself 2-3 times a day along with measuring. I know it sounds extreme but I have come to learn my body much better this way. I can even correctly guess what I will weight in the morning when I weigh myself at night.

It also helps me see what foods make me retain and bloat me.

I know its a little obsessive but I am not one easily discouraged by the 2-5lbs you float between through out the day.

Weighing youself in the morning (after you use the bathroom) is best.
  • Every morning and every night.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
    I don't log measurements unless they have changed significantly so maybe once or twice a month?
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I hop on the scale every morning but only log it once or twice a week, depending on my workout schedule and if/when I have a cheat day. If I see an unexpected loss, I'll wait to see if it's a fluke or a real loss. I also do measurements about once a week, but sometimes I'll skip it.
  • Sullivanwilson
    Sullivanwilson Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Once a week, Friday mornings to be exact. I was doing every day but the daily fluctuations were messing with my head and making me a tad bonkers. Weighing just once a week is much more calming. I want to lose 10 lbs so it's not a dramatic change from week to week, but it's still gratifying to see the numbers creep down.

I take measurements Friday mornings too.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    I weigh myself very infrequently at this point in my life, because it is for me to become obsessed with it in an unhealthy way. When I was losing and not maintaining, I limited myself to weighing once per week by having my husband hide the scale from me.

I have found that in maintenance, I can monitor my weight fairly accurately by how well my clothes fit.