6 lbs in a week??

I'm quite confused. This weekly weigh-in indicated that I lost 6 lbs in one week. I thought it must be a mistake with my scale, but I went to someone else's house for other reasons and used a much more sophisticated scale only to receive the same result the next day. I weigh myself several times in a row each week to make sure I have the correct daily reading, but that can't be right can it?

Let me know what you think.

15068078.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Replies

• Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    I'm quite confused. This weekly weigh-in indicated that I lost 6 lbs in one week. I thought it must be a mistake with my scale, but I went to someone else's house for other reasons and used a much more sophisticated scale only to receive the same result the next day. I weigh myself several times in a row each week to make sure I have the correct daily reading, but that can't be right can it?

Let me know what you think.

15068078.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

How many weeks you been at this?
  • semira6
    semira6 Posts: 36 Member
    I've been losing for 7 weeks.
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    6 lbs is possible... I lost 5 lbs this week. I weigh myself everyday, so I KNEW that I was losing that much all along. Congrats on the loss!:smile:
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    If it said it on more than one scale I would just be happy & take it!

Unless you think you're not well or have been seriously undereating or something.

I lost 5lb the week after Christmas just from going back eating normally after overeating for a couple of weeks so it can happen!
  • congrats on the loss. A number of things could play into weight loss. accept the loss! pat yourself on the back and keep striving for your goals. good job!
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Lets do the math. 6 times 3500 equals 21,000.
    Unless you burned 21,000 more calories than you consumed in a week, the rest is something else, usually fluids and sometimes muscle mass.
  • kerricolby
    kerricolby Posts: 232 Member
    It's definitely possible. My scale has been stuck on one number for three weeks, then somehow between Monday and Friday of this week I lost 5 pounds.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Oh Yeah its possible, 2 weeks ago didn't have anything out of the ordinary for my week and lost 5 1/2 lbs. and this was 32 months into my journey and over 300 lbs. lost... followed that up with my normal 1 pound loss the next week so I know it wasn't water weight..... Congrats!!!! Pat yourself on the back and keep pluggin away........ :drinker: