New on MyFitnessPal

Options
Hi there! I'm Nadine
I'm new on my fitness pal - just thought i'd say hello and give a shout out to my friend Nikky who told me about this site.
It's only my first day and i already feel more motivation to eat well and get my exercise on. I truly thought i ate well and what not before but I guess when its all down in front of you, you see how you can improve :)

namaste

Replies

• Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    Yayy you did it!

Believe me, this truly helped me see where I was ingesting extra calories without really contemplating it much but still thinking I was being good because I was monitoriing portions. Wrong! Bottom line, I wasn't being good at all . :tongue: I've lost an additional 11lbs since mid-May because of joining this site.

Welcome to MFP.

(Cute pic btw).
  • Changeisgonnacome
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Nadine
    I'm new on my fitness pal - just thought i'd say hello and give a shout out to my friend Nikky who told me about this site.
    It's only my first day and i already feel more motivation to eat well and get my exercise on. I truly thought i ate well and what not before but I guess when its all down in front of you, you see how you can improve :)

namaste

The other bonus of putting it all down in front of you is that you may very well discover you're not eating enough. I am beginning to understand that it's important to eat the daily allocations from the exercise calories you gain back. There are pinned threads on this subject under General Diet and Weightloss help . You should read some of them.

See you tonight.
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    Welcome!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Good luck!
  • carriedkline
    carriedkline Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It is my first week too. This site is really great!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    welcome this site is absolutely awesome
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: Way to go on taking the first step :heart:
  • hotchocolate731
    hotchocolate731 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and I'm hoping it will help me track my foods and get a grip on my weight. I'm not good at counting calories so I'm hoping it will assist me. Ive never been able to stick with anything but we will see.
  • 150lbs2go
    150lbs2go Posts: 104
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • nflinsky
    nflinsky Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Thank you for the kind welcomes and support!
    Thats a huge part of accomplishing these goals, and it can be especially difficult if you don't have the support you need at home. This site is amazing for that, I can tell! And I look for forward to working together with all of you too!!

Good Luck to all of you as well!

Namaste