Appetite Suppressants

Options
Anyone have any suggestions on any "good" and "cheap" appetite suppressants? I need something caffeine free just to get me through the first couple weeks until I can get my eating under control!!

Replies

• veganbabe133
    veganbabe133 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mizzcase
    Options
    Self control is free.
  • garden429
    Options
    Try eating an apple with a tablespoon of peanut butter. The apple is filling and the peanut butter gives you the protein your body is craving.
  • ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Gg Scandinavian Crisp bread is really filling. I bought some the other day and it really hit the spot! There is so much fiber in it and very low in cals. I need to get me some more...Oh, and I got it from Whole Foods, but I am sure you can find it online somewhere. I am telling you, try it out..and it is good for you too.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I swig a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (zero cals) in a 6 oz cup of water..kills appetite and ACV has health benefits as well!

http://www.webmd.com/diet/apple-cider-vinegar
  • hokirayo
    Options
    i started adding chia seeds to my diet last monday. by friday, i was struggling to meet my calorie requirement.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Gg Scandinavian Crisp bread is really filling. I bought some the other day and it really hit the spot! There is so much fiber in it and very low in cals. I need to get me some more...Oh, and I got it from Whole Foods, but I am sure you can find it online somewhere. I am telling you, try it out..and it is good for you too.
    Thanks for this post!
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Lemon water when you first wake up before you eat. Idk if this really does help or if it is a mind over matter thing.
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    If your lucky enough to have ADD like me, adderall is great. I have to make myself eat most of the time. But for cheap, available to everyone...I am not so sure.. If I stand in the mirror naked I'm sure that would suppress it lol
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    Self control. You're going to have to use it eventually if you want to lose weight and actually keep it off... so why not start now?
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Self control. You're going to have to use it eventually if you want to lose weight and actually keep it off... so why not start now?

I agree with this.

However water is also really good. A lot of time our bodies mistake thirst for hunger.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Hi, This will not be the post you wanted to get. 15 years ago, I tried an appetite suppressant to lose weight. I probably went from 160 to 135. Granted it was ephedra and not caffeine, but the end result is the same. I also had a friend who did Phen/Fen at the same time. We both got great results. We both went off of them when we realized what they were doing to us. Then we both gained 75 to100 pounds over the next decade as our appetites spiraled out of control. The moral of the story is there is no such thing IMO as "help to get you started" to lose weight. It is a fairy tale. Because when you get off of whatever magic product you choose to take, your own body takes over again. Unless you plan on taking that magic product for the rest of your life. IT still comes down to doing the work. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY OUT.

My sister did HCG drops. Got gall bladder issues. Sure she lost 30 pounds quickly and then gained 15 pounds quickly. Now she has gallbladder health concerns and is trying her best to do things the right way now.

I really urge you to eat healthfully. When I stopped eating white flour and sugar my junk food cravings went away. I was a sugar junkie even eating sugar with a spoon if nothing "good" was around.

Through good old fashioned hard work, and tears, I went from 205 pounds to 136.8 (today) and a size 16 to a size 4 - 6. Regardless of the fact that it has taken me 5 years, do you know how empowering that is to let you know that I have done this all by myself? No help from any pill, any doctor, any nutritionist, any personal trainer? Just me, myself, and I! I read You on a Diet from Dr. Oz, and then EAT to LIVE by Dr. Fuhrman. I have never felt more confident or powerful in my life. I don't know how old you are but I am 54 and started all of this weighing 205 on the brink of menopause. So don't let anyone tell you that "at your age" it is impossible. It is possible! It is difficult and takes a lot of determination but it is possible. If it were easy, everyone would be thin!

Best of luck to you!
    Susan
  • amyllong75
    amyllong75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    If your lucky enough to have ADD like me, adderall is great. I have to make myself eat most of the time. But for cheap, available to everyone...I am not so sure.. If I stand in the mirror naked I'm sure that would suppress it lol

I love the "naked in the mirror" comment!! That is so true and I'm thinking it would do the trick!!
  • amyllong75
    amyllong75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi, This will not be the post you wanted to get. 15 years ago, I tried an appetite suppressant to lose weight. I probably went from 160 to 135. Granted it was ephedra and not caffeine, but the end result is the same. I also had a friend who did Phen/Fen at the same time. We both got great results. We both went off of them when we realized what they were doing to us. Then we both gained 75 to100 pounds over the next decade as our appetites spiraled out of control. The moral of the story is there is no such thing IMO as "help to get you started" to lose weight. It is a fairy tale. Because when you get off of whatever magic product you choose to take, your own body takes over again. Unless you plan on taking that magic product for the rest of your life. IT still comes down to doing the work. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY OUT.

My sister did HCG drops. Got gall bladder issues. Sure she lost 30 pounds quickly and then gained 15 pounds quickly. Now she has gallbladder health concerns and is trying her best to do things the right way now.

I really urge you to eat healthfully. When I stopped eating white flour and sugar my junk food cravings went away. I was a sugar junkie even eating sugar with a spoon if nothing "good" was around.

Through good old fashioned hard work, and tears, I went from 205 pounds to 136.8 (today) and a size 16 to a size 4 - 6. Regardless of the fact that it has taken me 5 years, do you know how empowering that is to let you know that I have done this all by myself? No help from any pill, any doctor, any nutritionist, any personal trainer? Just me, myself, and I! I read You on a Diet from Dr. Oz, and then EAT to LIVE by Dr. Fuhrman. I have never felt more confident or powerful in my life. I don't know how old you are but I am 54 and started all of this weighing 205 on the brink of menopause. So don't let anyone tell you that "at your age" it is impossible. It is possible! It is difficult and takes a lot of determination but it is possible. If it were easy, everyone would be thin!

Best of luck to you!
    Susan

After reading all the replies to my post, especially yours, I will probably try the old fashioned way :-) I'll just get my mind where it needs to be to succeed at weight loss.
  • aekaya
    aekaya Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    i started adding chia seeds to my diet last monday. by friday, i was struggling to meet my calorie requirement.

I've heard about this as well! glad to hear it helps.
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    Most appetite suppressants are also stimulants, and I generally try to avoid stimulants for heart-health purposes. (I don't even ingest caffeine any more, a very occasional cup of tea excepted) It's really a mind over matter thing -- you're capable of curbing your own appetite. :)
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Yogi makes a tea called Blueberry Slim Life Green Tea.

I mistakenly bought it (thought it was a blueberry energizer that i used to drink) and didn't notice that it said it was an appetite suppressant.
    I drank a cup every morning until I realized that I wasn't eating enough because I didn't remember to eat my morning snack and still wasn't really hungry for lunch.
    It might help you transition into new eating habits.

http://www.yogiproducts.com/products/details/green-tea-blueberry-slim-life/
    http://www.amazon.com/Yogi-Blueberry-Herbal-Supplement-16-Count/dp/B000CMF196
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    i find ignoring the feelings until proper eating time normally helps and drinking lots of water
  • vikeldridge
    Options
    I was using oxyelitepro.....I curbed all my cravings and I did not have any side effects. I used it with CLA supplements. However, after losing 10 lbs before starting this app, I decided to see if I could do it without it. I have lost 6 more lbs, but I definitely have cravings now. I think working on self-control is the best practice in the long run.

url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker]15523966.png[/url]
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of water, and sometimes some green tea, and both seem to help me feel fuller. I don't know how much of that is mind over matter, but it seems to keep me from mindlessly snacking if I drink a glass of water or green tea instead of eating something when I think I'm hungry for no reason.