Bodybug or better suggestions?

Options
I am in the market for a device that will tell me my calorie burn. I know they have used the Bodybug on Biggest Loser and I can't remember what they are using now.
I would like some suggestions from you good folks that have used these nifty gadgets! :wink:

Replies

• danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I have had a bodybugg (twice now) and really liked it. My problem was with the website. Logging meals on it is tedious compared to MFP but I did it the first time and did have success. I just bought another in January and returned it after a few weeks because of trouble uploading my device's info to the website. The good thing about them is that if it works for you and you are done with it you can sell it on ebay for a good price. My first one I sold for just $10 less than I had bought it for.

Keep in mind that after 6 mo. you have to pay monthly membership fees.

I just got a Fitbit last week and am enjoying that. It was only $99, no monthly fees, can be picked up from my local Best Buy, and syncs right up with MFP. I have only had it for a week so I can't say how accurate it is. I wanted it more to judge my activity level during the day because I didn't really know if I was sedentary/lightly active etc. I like that I can see steps, floors climbed, miles walked/ran, calories burned (usually a bit under what my HRM says for certain activities other than walking/running but I'd rather under estimate than over.)

If you google bodybugg vs fitbit you can see what people have to say.

Good luck!
  • KristalDawnO
    KristalDawnO Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I agree. I had bodybugg and the website was so bad. I let my subscription cancel!
  • xoTLCxo
    xoTLCxo Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KathyWel
    KathyWel Posts: 140
    Options
    I have a Bodybugg, LOVE it but hate the website. When I bought my Bodybugg it came with a watch that I can get my information off of (calories burned, steps, and activity level). I will let my subscription cancel when it is up also.
  • RocheleLynn
    RocheleLynn Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have a body bugg.. I love it. I was a member to the site for just a few bucks a month but I did not log my food on the site. I continued to log on here and then just watched how many calories I burned on my watch. I am actually going to be selling it because I no longer need it! If you are interested I would sell the bodybugg and the watch and an extra clip for $100. (Which is an AMAZING deal!)
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I really think the Bugg is very accurate, but:
    The website is often dodgy, though it is much improved.
    Entering food is ridiculous. It seems like you are always steered towards the Apex products. MFP has a vastly superior database.
    The BB leaves welts on my arm when I wear it too often. Not cool.
    Still, I feel confident in its data.
    But I will replace it soon.
  • Mr2Bfit
    Mr2Bfit Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use a Garmin FR60 with Foot Pod and Heart Strap. I can track my workouts on the website and find it very easy to use. I wear the foot pod on my shoe all day and the heart strap when I workout you can track your calories on the watch all day long and there are cool features that you can program to do. I love it!
  • candace34
    candace34 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    What about the Fitbit? anyone know anything about that or if its any good?
  • Vegan_Runner
    Vegan_Runner Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit! It also interfaces with MFP and is only $96 on Amazon
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I have a Timex heart rate monitor and I log my meals on MFP. Don''t have to spend a lot of money to get a system that works. I'm living proof.
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    I have a bodymediafit that is the same thing. I just make one meal of the total cals on their site and use MFP to log individual foods.
    The thing works great but I hardly remember to wear it....and am looking to sell it if you are interested, let me know.

www.bodymediafit.com is their site if you want to look into it.
  • candace34
    candace34 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    with the fitbit it will record everything all day long right?
  • TheTwinsMomy
    TheTwinsMomy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    is the fitbit what is used on Biggest Loser? That sounds so familiar. I just want something to tell me if I need to do more to get my calorie burn.
  • bek416
    bek416 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    How does FitBit sync with MFP?
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I had a body media fit which is essentially the same thing but a cheaper subscription. I used mfp to log and just filled in the calorie number on the media fit website at the end of the day when I charged it.
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I have a body media fit and I love it! The meal tracking on their site is crap though, so I track on MFP and use the total to put in a daily estimate of calories eaten. So much easier that way.
  • jenduman
    Options
    I have a bodymedia fit as well, but use mfp to track food. I LOVE it and the subscription is only like $7 a month.