Replies

• Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Chicken curry, samosas and Naan!!!!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    i will say anything that finishes with masala is healthy like fish masala and u cn also eat chicken tikka as it is just marinated chicken n not loaded with too much oil as i am pakistani n knw quiet alot about our food coz indian n pakiz eat d same food

Oh how I wish this were true! Chicken Tikka Masala is usually finished with cream.

I would choose a tandoori dish. Usually marinated in yogurt, and grilled. A great choice!
  • Fit_2013
    Fit_2013 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Well it has to be bendi masala(okra curry) and gobhi matter( cauliflower/peas).
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    this is kind of off topic a bit but what are those things called - they're dough/cheese/pancake tasting ball things that look like they're soaked in butter

i had them at an indian buffet once...they're probably REALLY REALLY bad for you in all ways
    was it sweet? May be Gulab Jamun & yeh its not healthy ;)

I am frm India and the food we cook at home is different then what u get a resturants. We hardly use cream , oil depends on the cook. I make all my indian dishes healthy. When I put the recipe here at calories calculator Its very healthy & low in calorie.
    I love all the Dals( Lentils) I makes, Channa masala, Chicken curry, Tandori chicken, Turkey kebabs, Baigan bharta (yummyumm!!!). I also make fresh Roti ( flat bread) everyday with wheat flour in which I add ground flex seeds & soy flour.

And just for record Masala means mix of spices.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Aloo gobi
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Any kind I can get/make. I love love love Indian food. I always look it up and if it's not healthy I'll just have a small portion if it fits my macros.
  • porvenir
    porvenir Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I make all my indian dishes healthy. When I put the recipe here at calories calculator Its very healthy & low in calorie.
    I love all the Dals( Lentils) I makes, Channa masala, Chicken curry, Tandori chicken, Turkey kebabs, Baigan bharta (yummyumm!!!). I also make fresh Roti ( flat bread) everyday with wheat flour in which I add ground flex seeds & soy flour.

And just for record Masala means mix of spices.

Is there any chance you would share your recipe for Baigan bharta? I love it but have never successfully prepared it at home.

Jennifer
  • Deirdre_R
    Deirdre_R Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    tandoori 1/4 chicken with salad, plain rice and vegetable curry on the side. It's about the only thing I dare order when I'm calorie counting. When I'm not, my favourite is mattar paneer with a peshwari naan. Dried fruit, coconut, usually finished with lashings of butter - sugars and sat fats through the roof!
  • johnnythrash
    johnnythrash Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    was it sweet? May be Gulab Jamun & yeh its not healthy ;)

Yes! After a quick googling I can confirm! those are so good!
  • victorianweaver
    victorianweaver Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    good veggie option is palak paneer with extra firm tofu as the paneer. i like to add this seeds of change stuff called "Madras - A Red Hot Curry Sauce" (can get at kroger as well as the health food shops im sure).
  • Desikudinspain
    Desikudinspain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just FYI.. In Indian from Delhi and cook Indian meals everyday. Hope to help.you guys as far as that part is concerned.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's healthy but I'd fast all day for some fresh hot garlic naan.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Naan...mmm
  • Kyle_AKA_Moose
    Kyle_AKA_Moose Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Just FYI.. In Indian from Delhi and cook Indian meals everyday. Hope to help.you guys as far as that part is concerned.

Please share some of your healthier recipes. I love Indian cuisine and cooking new dishes.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,587 Member
    Options
    I'd love to hear ideas too, I'd been wanting to try out some Indian dishes as I love beans/legumes but don't like coconut products or cilantro. Obviously not all Indian food has either but it seemed like a lot of the dishes I was coming across had them. I've only made two recipes so far and loved both! I've had chana masala and gobi aloo with red lentil hummus wraps.