help!

Options
I told my self after 7pm no more eating it is now 7:34 and I have eaten 6 more bacon dipper crackers.. 1 serving is 9 crackers. I have logged my calories for the day already. Why is it so hard to stop? I am drinking water and doing everything in my power not to eat.

Replies

• jannah22
    Options
    You need a distraction. I sometimes paint my nails to avoid eating because i dont want to risk smudging them so i literally cant eat! OR go for a walk after dinner which will leave you feeling so good that you dont wanna spoil it. OR perhaps clean out your wardrobes or some other thing on your 'to do' list to keep you busy.

Hope this helps! :)
  • danielnoble
    Options
    I'd say it has to do with the quality of the food you are eating. I have no Idea of what Bacon dipper crackers are, however they don't sound like a healthy snack option. Try eating more healthier snacks like a piece of fruit or some nuts. Personally I have some berries and Greek Yoghurt
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Walk away from the food! Actually take a walk. That's where I'm heading to avoid food!
  • drh6400
    Options
    Hang in there, it is hard. I just joined MFP in January. Can you go for a walk? That helps me.
    The last time I went shopping I purchased some Mini rice cakes in a varity of flavors. They are low in calorie and not to bad. I eat them and pretzels at night - don't forget to count them out.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I tend to either grab my journal and write or read.
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    try brushing your teeth after you are done eating for the day. It makes you really have to decide, since you won't want to have to do it again.
    But I agree with the Greek yogurt and fruit too. Something with healthy foods, not carby snacks as they won't fill you.
  • MsAziz
    MsAziz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem sometimes, but i've found that the more you restrict yourself, the harder this weight loss journey gets.
    So don't tell yourself that you're not allowed to eat after 7pm because that will only make you want to eat even more! What's more is that I think its so much easier to learn something new than un learn something that you've done your whole life(if you know what I mean).
    So Instead of restricting foods or the time in which you eat them think of what you you can add to your diet. This made things so much easier for me.
    Hope that helps. Good luck :)
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    So we are working on this in nutriton class. Try to be "mindful" of your food triggers. I always get the munchies while I am watching tv in the evening. I am not especially hungry, but all I think about is eating. Consider if you are physically hungry or your mouth is wanting stimulation & causing you to eat. Chew some gum. Brush your teeth. Find something that you enjoy that uses your hands. Also, think about what you are eating. If you eat more protein, like greek yogurt like the others said, it may fill you up more. Some other options if you have to have salty crunchy are Quakes rice cakes, raw veggies and salsa, Special K cracker chips, greek yogurt and Kashi cereal...that one gives you sweet and crunchy & keeps you full for a while. Try not to obsess...I know it is hard but the more you think about being deprived, the more deprived you feel & nobody can fight that...Good luck!!! You can do it!!!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Chew gum, suck on a mint or something similar to break the taste in your mouth and then do something that would distract you.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Lots of good advice so far...

I agree with trying to get rid of the crackers and carbs and tring to get more proteins, which help you feel full and keep you feeling that way longer. I also agree with the fact on why place restrictions on when you eat...if you have the calories eat.
  • sarahmargaret12
    Options
    I will give that a try
  • sarahmargaret12
    Options
    thanks for the tips.. i eat lots of fruits and veggies.
  • burtcole35
    Options
    Even though you have already logged your calories I log on to MFP just to read the inspiration boards etc, I also love Pinterest because they have a great amount of inspiration quotes in the "Fitness" section once I've read some of those I am so pumped up about working out and eating healthy I dont eat!