tips on how to stop late night bingeing?

Options
13»

Replies

• emmiee921
    Options
    protein is not expensive :S
    a big can of tuna is about $1.30, chicken where i live in $8.99 a kilo or you go to buchers and get it cheap...

eggs are pretty cheap
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Stay in bed, and force yourself to go back to sleep. It's gonna hurt for a little while, and you're gonna feel hungry, but eventually your body will get used to not eating in the middle of the night, and will stop waking you up for it.

Good luck!! :)
  • ChrisWag
    ChrisWag Posts: 169
    Options
    personally I struggle with the same thing. I found that going upstairs helps cuz I am too lazy to come back down, and brushing my teeth at 8 helps, cuz I don't want to do that again either LOL....
  • kaiteboo
    kaiteboo Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    sometimes it`s just mind over matter! esp. if your eating for reasons other then hunger! Me and my roommates have a sticky note pad on the fridge that we write on about bills and other stuff that needs to be done around the house. Sometimes if i wake up late at night and crave a snack, but know its too late to eat it, i simply write on the sticky note BREAKFAST! & put it on the food I was about to eat lmao. That way I don`t feel deprived because I know I can still eat it, but in the morning when I actually need the fuel. Crazy I know but it has worked in the past lol
  • rayleansout
    Options
    OK, get up earlier and go to bed earlier, and eat just a bit more
  • supergr33n
    supergr33n Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    a big can of tuna is about $1.30, chicken where i live in $8.99 a kilo or you go to buchers and get it cheap...

eggs are pretty cheap

^^^ and then there's cheese, nuts, nut butter, milk, yogurt...

A glass of milk & a small handful of almonds, or string cheese, is a great little snack.
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Usually, when I wake up in the middle of the night, I wake up my wife and well, you can figured out the rest. And that EXERCISE actually burns calories. HEHEHE
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,024 Member
    Options
    I always plan for a bedtime snack. I have some protein (milk or string cheese) and some carbs (half a whole wheat English muffin). Hope that helps.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    More protein more fiber. From your diary you are lacking in those every day that I looked at. Also you are usually pretty far under your calorie goal most days.
  • lostemt76
    lostemt76 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mine is also at night. I think about yogurt and grape nuts. I have the big container of light and fit dannon and I but about a cup of that in a dish with about 1/4 cup of grape nuts. It helps me make it though the night.
  • siobhano_
    Options
    Dark chocolate! I find a square or two is enough to stop any sugar cravings :)
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I like to drink green tea with honey and truvia! It's warm so it helps me with cravings.
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Really all it is, is a mind thing. Tell yourself no and stick to it.! Also maybe you should eat your meals closer together 2-3 hrs
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

eggs are pretty cheap

umm right well i'm allergic to fish and a kilo of chicken where i live is around the $20 mark... and when i am only earning $10p/hr I cannot really afford that...PLUS i am already eating 120 grams per day, how much do you guys expect me to eat? sheesh.
  • 5050jnernst
    Options
    You should not be waking up that hungry. If you are you are not consuming enough calories or as one post mentioned you may need more protein. I read that rule of thumb for protein consumption should be 0.75 to 1 gram of protein per lb of IDEAL body weight. You should not be taking in less than 1200(this is minimum) calories a day if you are trying to lose weight. The calories should be quality calories. Calorie consumption should not include chips, pretzels, etc that is, try to stop as much of the processed food as possible. These are empty calories and will leave you feeling more hungry. Not to say you have to deprive yourself all the time of a favorite snack, but just do not consume empty calories all the time.
  • als1210
    Options
    I like to give myself a manicure at night. Wet nails=no reaching for food!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I like to give myself a manicure at night. Wet nails=no reaching for food!

i will try this! thanks :)
  • Lib_B
    Lib_B Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    i bought the swimsuit issue of sports illustrated and hung pictures all over my refrigerator. now, when i go there, i stop and think do i really want this or do i want that body? (or as close of an approximation as a 36 yr old mother of two can get.) :wink:
  • dbdbrown
    Options
    I also am a late night snacker!!! It seems i have no control after 8-9pm....thanks for the advice...gonna give it a try!!!
    :happy: