Would anyone on visalus post before/after pics?

Options
justsalad
justsalad Posts: 132 Member
I just started doing the body by Vi challenge, drinking the visalus shakes twice a day. Does anyone have any before/after pictures who's on Visalus? Or some progression pics? I'm really intrigued to see real pictures of success stories, other than the ones from the DVD.

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Visalus is not going to give superior results. You are still going to be hitting the same calorie goal if you are drinking the shakes or not. The shakes are not worth the money in my opinion
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Visalus is not going to give superior results. You are still going to be hitting the same calorie goal if you are drinking the shakes or not. The shakes are not worth the money in my opinion

^This. Also, I know a few people who drink them and all of them don't exercise, so I wouldn't be surprised if they end up looking skinny fat.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I just started doing the body by Vi challenge, drinking the visalus shakes twice a day. Does anyone have any before/after pictures who's on Visalus? Or some progression pics? I'm really intrigued to see real pictures of success stories, other than the ones from the DVD.

Mmm...cake shake... :bigsmile:

Before and after pictures will vary depending on the exercise, the calorie goal, etc. If you stay within your calorie goal and workout, of course you will lose weight. But the shake itself does not cause weight loss, the calorie deficit does. There are no miracle products out there.

I'm not saying that people who drink the shakes are not losing weight and looking good. I know quite a few of them who are! But just please remember that they are not changing their bodies ONLY because of the shakes.

I personally have a shake a day...not to lose weight...but because I am lazy and don't want to cook that mid-morning snack. It doesn't matter if it's a protein shake, Shakeology, or Body By Vi shake. Using along with sensible diet and exercise program will cause results. Oh wait...doesn't it say that on the label, too?
  • justsalad
    justsalad Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I know people who swear they don't exercise and that they're losing weight, but never seen drastic results other than on that video. I myself was pretty skepitcal. I'm drinking them so that I actually eat 3 meals a day, rather than just binge eat on one late at night. But staying within my calorie goals and regular exercise.
    I'm hoping it fills me, but stops me from binge eating on bad food once a day. I find it so hard to eat breakfast!
  • duinvisalus
    Options
    How would I add pics? NEW AT THIS.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I know people who swear they don't exercise and that they're losing weight, but never seen drastic results other than on that video. I myself was pretty skepitcal. I'm drinking them so that I actually eat 3 meals a day, rather than just binge eat on one late at night. But staying within my calorie goals and regular exercise.
    I'm hoping it fills me, but stops me from binge eating on bad food once a day. I find it so hard to eat breakfast!
    Yeah, they are losing weight alright, muscle mass. Everyone single person in that video (other than models) were skinny fat.
  • duinvisalus
    Options
    I have added some pics to my profile of some of my friends and family who have finished their 90 day challenge. Hope you can view them.
  • Ryan_Marie_
    Ryan_Marie_ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do the shake 2 times a day, work out with a personal trainer 2 times a week, work out on my own four of the remaining five days and give riding lessons (walking/jogging in sand! ). It's not a miracle shake, it just helps me with portion control. I cannot control how much real food I eat, but shakes help with that. They aren't for everyone. Find what works for you.

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been edited due to violations of guideline #12****
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

While we commend you for your weight loss and bravery for posting your pictures in the public forums, any picture in which you are in your underwear or bra will be removed. Again, congrats on the weight loss!

Cheers,
    Scott
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • Ryan_Marie_
    Ryan_Marie_ Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    the "today" picture was around jan 12
  • melpap12
    Options
    I lose 11 lbs and 12 inches on Visalus in 5 weeks. I just started working out on the treadmill last week to improve my cardio. Visalus DOES work. Stick with it. You can see my before and after on my facebook page.
  • dyellz
    dyellz Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The thing about visalus, like any other shake trend, is that when you stop, are you really going to be able to keep that weight off? Losing weight isnt a quick thing, it takes dedication, discipline and a valid life changing effort. Not meal replacement shakes. Just my opinion.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I do not use the Visalus products. I researched them for someone.
    My opinion of the shake was a comparably priced or cheaper protein shake could be found elsewhere.
    The nutritional info I found was okay, but I found other protein shakes met or exceeded the USRDA in many macros.

I use a protein shake several times a week so I will not be under in my calories or proteins.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The thing about visalus, like any other shake trend, is that when you stop, are you really going to be able to keep that weight off? Losing weight isnt a quick thing, it takes dedication, discipline and a valid life changing effort. Not meal replacement shakes. Just my opinion.

^^^^This. You said it PERFECTLY!
  • deejjordanfitness
    Options
    Does Visalus work? Of course it works.It is a Meal Replacement, you are still eating regular food and eating your 5 meals a day and losing weight or building lean muscle. I had some of my clients from BL season 7, send me product to see if they could use them once they are home from the Ranch. I said yes for several reasons, low in sugar, low in sodium, non-GMO, Gluten free, lactose free and it is a Meal Replacement not a Protein shake, taste good and the company uses a referral program so their customers have the opportunity to get it for free each month. I have had other companies try and get me to endorse their product with 3 tsp of sugar and the taste was terrible. The bottom line is accountability. I have clients with over a 100 lbs down on the challenge, so I approve. Dj (Fitness Trainer & Sports Nutritionist)
  • jlhill7
    jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Starting Visalus tomorrow always looking for friends
  • whitdiculous
    Options
    I have been doing the shakes for about 2 months. Love them. I am a busy student and it is easy for me have on hand when I am in a bind. Drinking the shakes and not exercising is not the ideal way to lose weight. I would rather drink a shake than skip a meal. I am in the gym 5 days a weeks and that is the real way to shed the lbs. The shake is purely supplemental. It does not make me feel bloated like some others I have tried. I say try it and be consistent. If it is working for you great! If it is not working then it is not what you need. Good luck!
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    There seems to be a lot of people who work for that Company on here lately.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    you can follow MFP, not exercise and still lose weight.. Guess what you don't need shakes to do it.
  • Stephy2469
    Stephy2469 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I started Visalus November 8th and lost 16 lbs and 10 inches off my waist. After starting visalus I got the energy to workout so for the past week i've been doing kickboxing, weight training and more, everyday! I love the taste and being a stay at home mom of 3 it gives me time to focus on them , and cleaning and still have me time!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    They should post before and after bank account statements.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!