Lemon Water in Morning

Options

Replies

• jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Funny our trainer just told us about his..he wants us to take 3 lemons and peel them and put them in a blender and then add to 1 gallon of water and drink through out the day!

He to said it rids the toxins and helps with waterweight! I started my 1st gallon today!
  • techteachergirl
    techteachergirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I used to work for a diet program called LA Weight Loss.....we would tell our clients if they had a night eating out, perhaps with loads of sodium unbeknownst to them, they may have a weight gain on their next weigh in. So we would recommend they heat a cup of water as you would for tea, squeeze sliced lemons into it add a lil bit of stevia or whichever sweetener you use and it acts as a diuretic to help rid of any water retention:flowerforyou: . I do this periodically as I have grown to love the taste, its like a hot lemonade.

I drank a lot of lemon watter when I was a client at LA weight Loss.
  • tlaker
    tlaker Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    it WORKS! it basically helps flush your system out. My friend and I just started doing this and we both lost about 4 lbs the first week...shes on week 2 and has lost 8 and her clothes are getting huge on her. as are mine....i'm going to keep it up! We do about 9 oz water w/ 2 Tbsp. lemon water...i dont use real lemons just the juice from the bottle. i dont care for lemon water so i pretty much chug it but its working so i'll put up w/ it
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    It helps with liver and digestion. It is a great way to start your day.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Not sure but my parents drink it randomly. I think they just like the taste though because they don't have it everyday.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of hot lemon water every morning. I bought the packets of True Lemon which is crystallized lemon juice and I use that. Also at least one other time during the day, I try to add the True Lemon to a bottle of water. It is a refreshing change from plain water.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    I have heard of it too. The lemon is suppose to helps flush the toxins out of your body.
    I have also heard that taking a teaspoon of cider vinegar with a glass of water first thing in the morning is really good for you as stated by Dr. Oz in his book You On A Diet.

AHA! I knew there was going to be a Dr. Oz reference in this thread!
  • HealthyChicana
    HealthyChicana Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    This is highly recommended when on the Candida or Yeast-free diet. I am on that because of an overgrowth of yeast in the gut. Juice from 1/2 lemon mixed with 8 oz of cold water every other day is recommended. The only risk is that you must brush your teeth 30 minutes afterwards because the citric acid will eat at your teeth's enamel.
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    it WORKS! it basically helps flush your system out. My friend and I just started doing this and we both lost about 4 lbs the first week...shes on week 2 and has lost 8 and her clothes are getting huge on her. as are mine....i'm going to keep it up! We do about 9 oz water w/ 2 Tbsp. lemon water...i dont use real lemons just the juice from the bottle. i dont care for lemon water so i pretty much chug it but its working so i'll put up w/ it
    Thanks for responding - thats what I wasnt sure if I need fresh lemons or it it could be bottled!! Have you done anything else differently since you started doing the lemon water or do you think your weight loss is from this??:happy:
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    This is highly recommended when on the Candida or Yeast-free diet. I am on that because of an overgrowth of yeast in the gut. Juice from 1/2 lemon mixed with 8 oz of cold water every other day is recommended. The only risk is that you must brush your teeth 30 minutes afterwards because the citric acid will eat at your teeth's enamel.
    ohhhhhhh - good point about the teeth!! :bigsmile:
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    I just found this info on the Drinking Lemon water in the am - hope this helps!!
    1. Boosts your immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.

2. Balances pH: Drink lemon water everyday and you’ll reduce your body’s overall acidity. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes, lemon has citric acid but it does not create acidity in the body once metabolized.

3. Helps with weight loss: Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet (see #2) lose weight faster.

4. Aids digestion: Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that required for digestion. Efficient digestion reduces heartburn and constipation.

5. Is a diuretic: Lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.

6. Clears skin: The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well. It can actually be applied directly to scars to help reduce their appearance.

7. Freshens breath: Not only this, but it can help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. The citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should monitor this. I admit, I’m slightly worried about it.

8. Relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs. It’s thought to be helpful to people with asthma and allergies too.

9. Keeps you zen: Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when you subject your mind and body to stress. As mentioned previously, lemons are chock full of vitamin C.

10. Helps kick the coffee habit: After I have a glass of hot lemon water, I actually don’t crave coffee in the morning. This is weird, I can’t explain it, but I’ll take it.
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that did the 17 day diet and she said thats what they recommend.

i would be interested to know about the 17 days diet if you would share with me or can i get in contact with him or her ?
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes, it detoxifies the body as well as alkalizes it.
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have heard of it too. The lemon is suppose to helps flush the toxins out of your body.
    I have also heard that taking a teaspoon of cider vinegar with a glass of water first thing in the morning is really good for you as stated by Dr. Oz in his book You On A Diet.

AHA! I knew there was going to be a Dr. Oz reference in this thread!

dr OZ is a great show indeed
  • mrscherry1
    Options
    Another tid bit I just found on Lemon Water and weight loss!! :flowerforyou:

How Does Lemon Juice Help Weight Loss?

It’s amazing how a simple fruit like a lemon can be so effective in helping the body regulate its metabolism and sugar absorption, in a manner that helps you lose extra weight. The secret lies in the “acidity” content in a lemon. Lemons are rich in citric acid, so when you take a glass of lemon juice in plain warm water first thing in the morning, you introduce healthy natural digestive aid into your stomach. The citric acid, from lemons, end up interacting with the other acids and enzymes in your digestive tract which results in a healthy and problem free digestion.

Lowers Absorption of Sugars: It has been studied that even a little lemon can help you lower the absorption of sugars from the food you eat simply because of its high acidic content. You can go one step further and eat some lemon peels along with the juice, this acts like a double whammy on weight gain, because the pectin present in the peels helps in weight loss by becoming a gel forming substance in your stomach which reduces the sugar absorption from the food you eat.

Researched Facts: A research at Arizona State University indicated that people who stock up on foods that are high in vitamins, such as lemons, oranges, grapes and kiwi fruit, as less likely to gain weight in comparison with people whose intake of Vitamin C is on the low side.

Helps Absorption of Calcium: It is well proven that lemon juice accentuates the acidity of the digestive system and this helps the body in the absorption of calcium from the foods you eat, and this calcium is then stored up in the fat cells. It has been studied that the more the calcium content in fat cell, the more its ability to burn fat. So this another benefit of lemon juice for weight loss.
  • needtolose50lbs
    Options
    I have heard that drinking a glass on water with lemon juice in the morning is suppose to be good for you - has anyone else heard this "or" do this and how much do you drink and what are the benefits to this??? Always looking for any tips!! Thanks- :flowerforyou:

I don't know yet but have recently started this past week. I use organic lemon juice from whole foods.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Every morning, as soon as I wake up and get out of bed, I drink a 16.9 oz bottle of water (room temperature) and my body just loves that. It gets things "moving" before breakfast and fills me up as I eat my fruit breakfast every morning. I've never put lemon in it, but thanks to this thread, I think I'll try that too.

Thanks!
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I love sipping hot water and lemon first thing in the morning, I add a slice of fresh ginger too. I started doing it when I had kidney problems and found it very soothing, now I just like it! :drinker:
  • CocoaBeautiful78
    Options
    I heard it's supposed to speed up your metabolism.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Bump