30 day shred q

Options
I started JM 30 day shred last sat, have done it every day with the exceptiopn of Tues. At weigh in I was up 2 pounds. Anyone else gain wt in teh begining??

Replies

• dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I started JM 30 day shred last sat, have done it every day with the exceptiopn of Tues. At weigh in I was up 2 pounds. Anyone else gain wt in teh begining??
    Keep at it. Go by inches not weight. It does work. I really saw results in 7 days. I am about to start level 2 and I could have been more committed but work, Valentine's Day, life, got in the way. I am going to do these next 20 days with a vengence. Stick with it and check out the 30 Day shred february group. Good luck.
  • fit4justme
    fit4justme Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    My first round I lost inches rather than weight. I suggest taking your measurements. You will def see results! Great program.
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    Are you eating more? I always get much more hungry after starting a new program. Sometime I gain by just not noticing how much I am snacking cause I am so hungry from working out.
    Keep at it though!
  • mcsolis
    mcsolis Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Check your inches not your weight. It's more on the toning side so you dont lose that much weight. Well from what i have seen. I have lost inches and maybe like 3 lbs with 30 ds. Im just getting done with level 2.
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    It's a fairly intense workout. Sometimes when you start a new workout program, your muscles will retain water while healing and rebuilding. Keep at it! By the end, you might have lost some weight, and you should definitely see more toned muscles. I've done two rounds of it, and I found it very effective. Good luck!
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I worried about it also because I gained 3-4lbs by the 15th day, so I measured myself for motivation and I had lost inches. Today I finished and am finally back to where I started weight wise but lost a ton of inches. Look at my profile pics, they are with me the same weight but I lost 2.5 inches around my stomach, 2.5 inches from my hips, 0.5 from my neck, 1.25 from my thighs and calves. I wouldn't even worry about weight as long as you are sticking with your calorie goal and drinking plenty of water.
  • zpnut
    zpnut Posts: 3
    Options
    Just wondering how you record the shred in myfitnesspal? There's no data for it... Also, did anyone do extra cardio or anything in addition to it?

Oh..and one more thing..did everyone stick to their regular calorie intake while on the 30DS? I'm on about 1200... I'm wondering if it's too low, especially if I do extra cardio.
  • SanDFit
    SanDFit Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I also gained 2lbs the first week. I've done levels 1 &2 and am starting L3 tomorrow. The two lbs have gone (so net wt. loss=0). Have lost 5inches total. I don't understand it either how I'm losing inches but no weight. I will happily take the inches though:smile:
  • Momieof2girls
    Momieof2girls Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely gong to keep it up, just kinda sucks not seeing the scale move! I have a HRM that tells me my cals burned so I just record it at circuit training and adjust the cals burned. I'm trying to do additional cardio as well. Thanks guys!