30 Day Shred??

Options
Hi all,
I was just wondering if anyone out there has tried Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred? I'm looking to change my exercise routine because I am getting bored with my usual cardio routine and I need to start to focus on toning up! Any pros/cons/likes/dislikes about the 30 day shred would be very helpful before I buy it and commit to 30 days of Jillian Michaels :P
Thanks,
Lindsey

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    If you have cable it's free in the on demand section; at least the first two levels. You can also get a preview on youtube.
  • Euphonasia
    Euphonasia Posts: 136
    Options
    I like the Shred so far. I'm on day 5 of Level 2 (I took a while in Level 1 to get my fitness level up). There's a lot of plyometrics (jump training) in Levels 2 and 3, so if you have any lower body injury (bad knees especially), you might want to look for something that is lower impact or stick to the easier versions of the exercises. There is also a whole bunch of squatting, but that can be modified relatively easily also. But overall, I get a physical beatdown from Jillian 6 days per week and I think it's well worth it.
  • chinadolly
    chinadolly Posts: 53
    Options
    I have it and like it, but I find that I need to go to the gym to work to my maximum. I need that trainer in my ear yelling at me! lol! I'm just not working out hard enough at home.
  • nedelchi
    nedelchi Posts: 1
    Options
    I have heard great things about it, so I just bought it from Amazon. The reviews from other people on Amazon were very encouraging and it was only 9 bucks. I will let you know more after I receive it. :)
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    I LOVE it but use it on alternating days. Two reasons: For one, I like to do more cardio and two, I got really bored!!! I tried it on You Tube first, so I knew what I was getting into. It's a really great workout and you WILL see inches lost if you stick to it and eat right. :flowerforyou:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    i did it, it fun and just the right amount of "hard" for such simple moves.

my thighs hurt for a week and my biceps were yelling at me.

but i enjoyed it.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of level 3.
    I take 1 day a week off, and I also go to the gym 5 days a week to do 60 min. of cardio each time!

I hope you try it out....you break a sweat and feel great after 22 min :bigsmile:
    Good luck and Happy Shredding!!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • trimlaw
    trimlaw Posts: 11
    Options
    I have just finished day 1 of level 2. I don't know how fit everyone else is that has tried it but the first time I did it, it was really, really hard. I now have done 10 days (I did 9 days at level 1) and it is still a tough workout. It's brutal and quite the workout so it's got to be doing something, right?!
  • timeforchange
    Options
    Awesome!
    Thanks so much everyone! I didn't even think to check it out on youtube so I'll definitely be doing that today! It sounds like it's a good quick workout that I can add to my cardio, which is exactly what I'm looking for!
    Thanks again,
    Lindsey