To those who need a little motivation

Options
Got this in my e-mails yesterday from Jillian. As I see several posts & threads about people who have lost motivation, fallen off the wagon, having bad days, etc... this one is for you! :flowerforyou:

FRIDAY: FEELING GOOD

Suffered a Setback? Here's How to Get Back on the Wagon
It happens — you miss a few workouts and you feel like you've fallen off the weight-loss wagon. It's tempting to mentally slap yourself around, right? (Or head for the fridge.) Before you start, I want to remind you of something: Being hard on yourself is the Old You.
The New You knows how to deal with setbacks and get back on the wagon. And after all, there are no mistakes, just learning experiences. Weight loss is a process — it takes time. You will encounter small failures — everyone does — but every pound you gain can be lost.

And if you miss a workout, it's not the end of the world! Get to the gym the next day and continue to focus on your short-term goals. Just because you made bad choices today doesn't mean you can't start over tomorrow. New day? New beginning. And don't you forget it!

JILLIAN'S TIP OF THE DAY
Rescue Me
When life throws you curveballs, you can dodge them or let them hit you right between the eyes. Sometimes, though, you don't get a choice. For the moments when you can't avoid them, create a "Rescue Me" list. What kinds of healthy activities make you feel better? How about enjoying a bubble bath, taking a walk, or getting a massage? The next time you're staring down a crisis, reach for the "Rescue Me" list, not a bag of chips.

Replies

• indianagranny
    Options
    thanks for sharing this
  • relkins
    relkins Posts: 2
    Options
    I really needed this today. I fell of the wagon yesterday, not by much, but enough to make me feel bad. And then of course I went on to have that bowl of ice cream. I just woke up this morning to not giving up and riding my bike to see if that will change how I felt yesterday. It did. Thanks for sharing that because no one is yelling at me but me and I know I can move past it.
  • WantToBeMoreActive
    Options
    Thanks for posting this. :flowerforyou:

I certainly tend to 'beat myself up' more than I should on this journey. Reminders not to, like this post, help me to put things in perspective. :smile:
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    bump

I know weekends are hard for a lot of people...hope this helps.
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I love those emails I get them too from Jillian ... she is my rock ... :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    bump for future reading Thanks for posting.
    Calie
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing:smile: It sure does make a lot of sense and is a good reminder.