Options
    bump
  • chickenmcv
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    AND ~~~~ you wonder why "it's taking so long"........

carbs (processed are the devil!)... drive insulin and insulin drives fat.....

do the research friends!!

You don't "need" a 'treat'.....you need to learn what foods are good for you and which are not! Good healthy foods can be fun and filling! I don't mean celery, I mean "real foods".

Don't make excuses....JUST GET ON IT AND GET HEALTHY!

(shaking head..........when will they learn..... :-/ )

I've lost 34 pounds in 10 weeks. I'm not wondering why "it's taking so long" at all. This is something I have once a week, without anything added to it. The Nutella is because I hit my first main goal. I don't "need" a treat. I DESERVE something less than 300 calories that is not perfectly healthy.
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Christi- Thanks for posting this! I enjoy an occasional treat, and I don't see anything wrong with it either. If you compare how I used to eat, its a borderline miracle I have been sticking too 1500 calories even with treats here and there. Congrats on hitting a goal!
  • dennissara
    Options
    bump
  • charlotte66
    charlotte66 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sharonhite2012
    sharonhite2012 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options

I've lost 34 pounds in 10 weeks. I'm not wondering why "it's taking so long" at all. This is something I have once a week, without anything added to it. The Nutella is because I hit my first main goal. I don't "need" a treat. I DESERVE something less than 300 calories that is not perfectly healthy.

Amen, sister!! And great job! I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps I have 17.5 in 5 weeks! And allow myself a treat every day, I say in my calories and if keeps me from craving anything. I don't think I want to lose weight any faster! Besides my diet currently is something I'll be happy maintaining when I'm done and that's perfect.
  • bridgeville
    Options
    Sounds yummy, thanks
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this for something quick when I'm craving cake. The calories differ depending on what type of cake mix you use and if you put anything on top of it or not.

Take 1 box of Angel Food cake and 1 box of whatever other flavor cake mix you want (I chose double chocolate) and mix them together in a big Tupperware container.

Take 3 TBSP cake mix
    2 TBSP water

Mix in a coffee mug until saturated and microwave for 1 minute. (3-2-1!!!) I forget where this recipe came from. Somewhere online.

Yummy

BAM! You have cake.

The mix I used is 168 calories for one cake. This time I added 1 TBSP Nutella because it was a reward for hitting my first goal. I also added 2 TBSP fat free whipped cream. It was 288 calories for everything pictured.

417767_395315210485857_100000221446439_1791039_1918054240_n.jpg
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Looks good. I'll try it. Thanks!
  • Mich1105
    Mich1105 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • christibam
    Options

Amen, sister!! And great job! I'm hoping to follow in your footsteps I have 17.5 in 5 weeks! And allow myself a treat every day, I say in my calories and if keeps me from craving anything. I don't think I want to lose weight any faster! Besides my diet currently is something I'll be happy maintaining when I'm done and that's perfect.

That's great!!! You should be proud of yourself! And yes, having a small treat every day or every few days is a nice way to make a lifestyle change. Even if it's something like putting a few chocolate chips inside of some raspberries. If it gets rid of a craving that you might binge from, it helps.
  • stablesong
    Options
    You had me at "Nutella."
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    omgomgomgomgomgomg
  • amandaew83
    amandaew83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • sergetns73
    sergetns73 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I was just googling mug cake today! Soo glad you posted this... I was very discouraged that the recipe I entered into MFP was over 1000 cal. Nice to have a better alternative. What kind of mix did you use, if you don't mind?

same here this mug cake is over 1000 calories and i was not even using package cake from box either so it can't be right
  • cerelac
    cerelac Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bump and a half!
  • geecee77
    geecee77 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! and Thanks :)
  • christibam
    Options
    I was just googling mug cake today! Soo glad you posted this... I was very discouraged that the recipe I entered into MFP was over 1000 cal. Nice to have a better alternative. What kind of mix did you use, if you don't mind?

same here this mug cake is over 1000 calories and i was not even using package cake from box either so it can't be right

Some mug cakes are over 1,000 calories. They basically just mix in things that would make cake from scratch and microwave it in a coffee cup. Some use eggs, oil, flour, cocoa, chocolate chips, frosting, etc.