Foods that have empty calories

Options

Replies

• JaneAusten
    JaneAusten Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Beer. I wish it had some nutritional benefit so it could be a little justifiable.:drinker:

I thought beer had vitamin B:laugh: ! My contribution: doughnuts and creampuffs!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    maple syrup and butter :(

but my waffles look oh so lonely without them..
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    ...7 chips...anyone here been able to stop at 7 chips?...I am coming clean...the whole bag or nothing at all. I am choosing nothing at all option at the moment :laugh:
    ...I cannot eat something like chips in moderation...
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I got these new chips the other day: Lay's light chips 1/2 the cals made with Olestra. You can eat 20 chips for only 75 cals. That is a lot of chips!! I :heart: them. Definitely trying to cut down on the number of times I eat chips...I used to eat a whole bag of chips in just a few days. Hopefully this bag will last 2 weeks. :happy:
  • drew4au16
    drew4au16 Posts: 6
    Options
    Cheez its and wheat thins are what I have to go a whole box or none at all on. I go nothing at all as well like some of you guys do with chips and pretzels. And I agree that 100 calorie packs are garbage too. They make me sooooooooooo hungry!
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    Rice Krispie Treats..... virtually void of nutrition.

oh and Frozen Ice pops.... luckily they are only 20 cals, lol
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    how 'bout bday cake when it isn't even your bday?

:laugh:
    Do you mean it's not so empty if it IS my birthday?!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • fitgal411
    fitgal411 Posts: 668
    Options
    how 'bout bday cake when it isn't even your bday?

Do you mean it's not so empty if it IS my birthday?!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

For me that's true!:laugh:
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    of all things, Alcohol is the emptiest of calories by far. It isn't even metabolized, so it doesn't even burn calories being converted. Add to that the fact that it's a depressant and slows down the metabolism, and you have a worst case scenario (not to mention all the other bad stuff that happens if you drink to excess regularly).

You keep making it easier for me to cut back! :wink:
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Beer. I wish it had some nutritional benefit so it could be a little justifiable.:drinker:

I think "mental health benefits" are important, don't you??:laugh: Besides beer is made from "whole grains" ( barley, wheat (in some cases) etc., so isn't that a little "healthy?":wink:

Close enough for me. I live in the part of the country that has more microbreweries than anywhere else in the USA, so I have to do my part to support the local economy, and thanks to Widmer Hefeweizen, I can !!:drinker: :drinker:

Love the justification! I'll take it - though I'm not particularly a beer person. I prefer wine.
  • fitgal411
    Options
    100 calorie ice cream bars (or any type of ice cream bar that says it's "low fat" or "low-calorie"):grumble:

Not all of them, but certain brands.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Isn't the beer has whole grains argument the same logic that Bill Cosby's kids used to get him to serve them Chocolate Cake for Breakfast? :laugh:

"Dad is great, give us the chocolate cake."
  • fitgal411
    Options
    Isn't the beer has whole grains argument the same logic that Bill Cosby's kids used to get him to serve them Chocolate Cake for Breakfast? :laugh:

"Dad is great, give us the chocolate cake."

• iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I got these new chips the other day: Lay's light chips 1/2 the cals made with Olestra. You can eat 20 chips for only 75 cals. That is a lot of chips!! I :heart: them. Definitely trying to cut down on the number of times I eat chips...I used to eat a whole bag of chips in just a few days. Hopefully this bag will last 2 weeks. :happy:

Be careful eating too many of those chips with Olestra... olestra effects people differently but there have been a TON of studies done about how bad it is for you, and it actually makes people go to the bathroom a lot:noway: , and perhaps in a little different *style* than normal:sick: ... if ya get my drift (how's that for putting it tastefully!?):laugh: Just a word of advice, but you may want to do a google search for Olestra before you decide if you want to make them a part of your diet. I love them, but I refuse to eat them. Not trying to burst your bubble, just wanted to let you know! :flowerforyou:
  • fitgal411
    Options

Be careful eating too many of those chips with Olestra... olestra effects people differently but there have been a TON of studies done about how bad it is for you, and it actually makes people go to the bathroom a lot:noway: , and perhaps in a little different *style* than normal:sick: ... if ya get my drift (how's that for putting it tastefully!?):laugh: Just a word of advice, but you may want to do a google search for Olestra before you decide if you want to make them a part of your diet. I love them, but I refuse to eat them. Not trying to burst your bubble, just wanted to let you know! :flowerforyou:

Never heard of them. Olestra? I heard that "Utz" are really bad for you. SunChips are a better kind. Annnd they taste good. My favorite is Stacy's Pita Chips.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    i love pretzels, they are so low cal, but so high in sodium...:grumble:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    We can't get those chips in Canada anyway..just the baked ones...I think Olestra hasn't been approved here.
    A.
    (back to not having them at all...*sigh*):sad:

• fitgal411
    Options
    i love pretzels, they are so low cal, but so high in sodium...:grumble:

I could eat about 10 servings of pretzels and STILL not be full! That's what makes them so low-cal!:noway:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    For me, it's Terra Chips. They are amazing and they're supposed to have more nutrients than potato chips but I stopped buying them a while ago because I realized the WHOLE bag was gone the day I bought them :sick: and the fat content completely out ways any nutrients. :tongue:
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    The 4 Koperbergs, 3 Double Vodka n Diet cokes n 2 sambuca shots i had on the weekend... lol and the bottle of rose wine... ha ha... Bad weekend for Alcohol! Ooops! :laugh: