What gets ur butt off the couch and to the gym?

Options
I want to be able to buy some cute/sexy summer clothes :) Normally I HATE shoppping cause I never like the way clothes look on me, but if I get my ideal body than I will go on a mini shopping spree and buy me some new clothes

Replies

• tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I invested in some cute workout clothes and when I put them on I feel so powerful and I know I will feel great once I am done, I guess I just want to feel better about my choices everyday. I have told myself that I have to move my butt at least 1 hr a day, either at the gym or walking my dog or dancing to a video............its like breathing to me now!
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I am never really "on the couch." What keeps me from the gym is two kids, a demanding career, and otherwise too full schedule.

I want to be in good shape though, so I need to get back to the gym. My clothes too tight :-(
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    There actually isn't much that gets me off the couch & to work out...Lol. I have the same type of goal right now - summer clothes! I never wear shorts or anything because I'm always like "Ahhhh". I'm going to this summer!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Truth be told it is my hour away from everyone in the house. I escape everyone just sitting here and not cleaning not doing anything but laying around or on their computers. It frustrates me that I am the only one doing stuff so I just take off...that and summer clothes..LOL
  • Deinonychus
    Options
    I think about how my aunt told me that I should just lose the baby weight and stop because I'm not meant to be skinny (I know, wtf right?). I get off my *kitten* and hit the gym to prove her wrong.
  • lesliefunk
    lesliefunk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I want to do! :)
    I love to shop but am not liking how I look right now. I've told myself that I can go on a small shopping spree when I lose the next 10lbs, for motivation. My gym routine consists of classes so I feel accountable to the trainer. She's expecting to see me every time and that makes me more inclined to actually show up and work out hard. The days I don't have class, I am trying to just get on the treadmill but I find that it's a lot easier to skip out on yourself than on someone who is counting on you to be there. Maybe try a class or two or find a workout buddy? One that is highly motivated and not afraid to tell you to get movin' is key! Good luck!
  • JulieH3art
    JulieH3art Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Guilt.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Guilt mostly. I made a promise to myself. I've had days where I try to con myself into not going, especially right now that I only do it three times a week (working on 5) "it's raining" "it's too cold" etc or "Oh, I'll just go tomorrow" (make it up on a non exercise day). Also, my gym is 20+ mins away and that's an added barrier. So far, I've been able to make it since I started on MFP.
  • Brandzilla
    Brandzilla Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Truth be told it is my hour away from everyone in the house. I escape everyone just sitting here and not cleaning not doing anything but laying around or on their computers. It frustrates me that I am the only one doing stuff so I just take off...that and summer clothes..LOL

Hey I'm with you!!! My husband and teenage son are gamers. They leave messes all around them. I also have 2 in diapers. The gym is a beautiful escape. ha ha.
  • Brandzilla
    Brandzilla Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me my gym is a few blocks away and I have 2 in diapers and they have childcare. I'm a stay at home mom so the gym is my only child free time that I NEED so desperately sometimes. I have friends who are regulars at my gym and I love how strong I'm getting, my stamina is improving, my body is improving, and I can bolt up stairs now without feeling winded. On days when I feel too lazy to get out the door I just remind myself of how much money I spend on my gym membership and how hard I've been working and how far I've come in my fitness. I also feel so much better afterwards on the days I force myself to go. Sometimes I get the best workout.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options

Basically that. When I'm at home, I'm doing schoolwork, cleaning, washing dishes, and running around fixing things my 17 month-old destroys. And then picking up the house and doing laundry for my boyfriend, who can't seem to put his own socks in the laundry hamper.. I don't go to the gym, but I go for runs, or do my workouts in the park, and that is my time away from everything else. It's not "work", because for me it's a break, haha.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I dont come home right after work. Instead I head straight to the gym otherwise my butt will be on the couch in an Al Bundy pose
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    The fear of dying before I turn 50!
    Had a high blood pressure scare last year that "encouraged" me to make some life changes.
    Now I train 5 - 6 days per week.
    I have lost a lot of weight and my Doc says I have greatly reduced my risk of stroke.
    And, I feel GREAT!
  • needtolose50lbs
    Options
    I want to be able to buy the cute little tops I bought in the past!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I avoid the couch.

I belong to a gym that is 5 mins from my office, they launder my kit and I have my own locker. There is no excuse not to go.

Once I joined the gym I soon became addicted, and would much rather spend my evenings in the gym than the pub. Also, I have done a few diets in the past which were mainly food based with a little exercise thrown in, now I exercise a lot, the physical changes to my body are far more rewarding than anything a scale can tell me. Consequently I have a "no new clothes" ban until the end of March as I have spent too much :ohwell:
  • lindsaykey
    lindsaykey Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Knowing that I have a month long trip to Africa in the summer, and will be in LOTS of pictures that all my friends and family are going to see. It would just make me feel better if I could look at every pic, with a tan, toned body and know thats the best i've ever looked.
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My friend has a bunch of hot bodied chicks pictures on her closet and that motivates her whenever she lacks motivation to hit the gym and little mental notes on my fridge door help me like:

"Did you train today?"
    "Summer is around the corner"
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Guilt mostly. I made a promise to myself. I've had days where I try to con myself into not going, especially right now that I only do it three times a week (working on 5) "it's raining" "it's too cold" etc or "Oh, I'll just go tomorrow" (make it up on a non exercise day). Also, my gym is 20+ mins away and that's an added barrier. So far, I've been able to make it since I started on MFP.
  • KennyB124
    KennyB124 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Knowing I will feel better when I'm done.

16018103.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    "I'm not going to get any LESS tired just sitting here..."