Feeling Really Ticked Off Right Now!

Options
2»

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I would suggest just ignoring it today like you said,enjoy the day and tomorrow take the high road by saying "Thank you" a simple goodbye and then ridding your phone and your life of him for good.

Have a happy and beautiful birthday! :flowerforyou:
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    It seems like there's something missing to this story, because if all he said was that he wanted to wish you a happy birthday; then you simply reply with a 'thank you," and go about your day. No need to let him know it's upset you; but be polite. Your all-or-nothing thinking is kind of extreme too. He cared enough to wish you a happy birthday, which may not be exactly what you want, but it still showed some thoughtfulness on his part to remember your day. If you'd rather he didn't contact you at all, maybe you should let him know that before you flip out on him.
  • Emmajool
    Options
    Sounds lilke you need some girlfriend time. Call up your gal pals and schedule something fun for you to take your mind off that text. Delete it and stop answering his calls and texts altogether. Happy Birthday!
  • Machdude
    Machdude Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Ignore his text. Most of all, remember that YOU control how things people do affect you. You can't control what others do, but you can control how you react to their actions. Only you can make yourself feel bad, so just let it roll off. Have a great Birthday!
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I suggest you give yourself a birthday present of blocking that SOB and dropping him like a hot potato. Happy birthday.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Block him. Go have fun.

Let it go! You can't control other people, but you do have control over how your react.

Grab your friends and go out on the town tonight and have a blast.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I read your other post about him too. If a Happy Birthday text is upsetting, then it shouldn't be that hard to block him. If you don't like feeling this way about him, remove the problem. Easy.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I hope you enjoy your day! :)
  • MysticMaiden22
    MysticMaiden22 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    First of all, Happy Birthday.

2nd of all...

GET THIS GUY OUT OF YOUR LIFE.

I had a problem with an ex years ago. We were on and off for a very long time. A lot like you are with yours. In 2008, I went spent my birthday in Florida and partied like crazy. I wasn't even thinking about him and hadn't been in contact with him in months. I was getting ready to go to the club and have a great time when I got an "I'm sorry about everything" text from him. He never said happy birthday, but tried to drag me down by complaining about his life and telling me about how he lost his job. I still went out, partied, had a great time and drank until I blacked out (literally), but as soon as I hopped that plane back home the next week, I went to visit him and comfort him. I was always incredibly stupid with this guy. He only wanted me around when he needed me to comfort him or help him in some way. We ended up getting back together at the end of 2008 and were together for 3 years. We broke up a month ago after I caught him lying to me about a lot of things. During those 3 years, I financially supported him while he was out of work and now he dumps me after getting a high-paying job and cheated on me with a woman that he works with.

I wish I could talk with myself years ago and tell you exactly what I just told you: GET THIS GUY OUT OF YOUR LIFE. I was stupid to be with him again and stupid to pine for him (before we got back together, we dated from 2005-2006 and I drove myself nuts for 2 years trying to prove to him how much I loved him....and then he took advantage of me). Your ex-boyfriend is POISONOUS, selfish, and pathetic. You deserve better, and I promise you...there are decent men out there who really know how to treat a woman. I know how hard it is, and I know how it is to be frustrated with someone and hate them for what they do to you...however love them so much that you'd die for them. It's not a healthy way to live. You have your whole life ahead of you. Think of yourself for once and kick this douche to the curb. Please.