Zumba

Options
I just bought the Zumba fitness workout for the WII and was just wondering if anyone has tried this and have had success with it? Is it worh it? I have heard so much about it but have not tried it yet. Thanks

Replies

• Bellamommy25
    Options
    I haven't tried Zumba, but I do have Just Dance 3 for the Wii and I love it! I log it under "dancing-general" for 30 minutes or an hour and truly feel the intensity of a quality workout. Good luck.
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i do zumba on the wii and its brilliant!! i found i sweat just as much as when i go to a real session.. it gives you a total on cals burned, weather its accurate or not i don;t know, maybe wear a HRM whilst doing it.

Good Luck!:drinker:
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Zumba has changed my life. I attend a class and also have the CD's that includes the toning sticks for weight training. I have noticed inches coming off and I'm getting toned. Class is fun for the interaction and social networking. It helps break up my routine so I don't get bored. Check out a class in your area under Zumba.com. The community center in my area charges $4.00 a class if you pay for whole month or $5 as a drop in both reasonable. Enjoy!
  • YcatsFursworth
    YcatsFursworth Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I go a zumba class every Wednesday night with a large group of ladies and it's so fun! and I am tired and sore afterwards! a really great workout that's so much fun and the time just flies by!
  • maryottis
    maryottis Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a great way to get your cardio needs met. Also it is so much fun. I would suggest adding an actual Zumba class as well.
  • chelexx
    Options
    I loooovvvvveeeeee wii on the zumba do it most nights and i lost 6 lb in my first week.
  • eamarines
    Options
    I agree with all, Zumba is a fun way to get your cardio in. When I can'y afford the money to go to a class, I just put in my old Taeobo Tapes or Dance Revelotion. Sometimes in order to get motivated to work out, we have to have a fun way to do it. Whatever works for you, just as long as you get up and move.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Do you need any special equipment for the wii to do this? I keep hearing about it but never tried it.
  • anidan78
    Options
    The Zumba game comes with a belt that you put the controller in. No other equipment is needed.