MFP is my new Facebook!

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is jtallwood and I'm addicted to MFP! I've been logging for 2 weeks but only recently started using the message boards. I'm 23, live in Canada (a french canadian!), go to university (L.L.B + MBA) and today, while doing school work, I found myself procrastinating on MFP instead of Facebook!

Like I said, I'm new with the friend thing and message board here so if you're like me (or not!), feel free to add me! I'm a real fan of bootcamp, I have a love/hate relationship with squats and lunges (I'm sure I'm not the only one around here!), I go to a lot of music concerts and movies and LOVE cooking, browsing for new recipes.

Am I the only one addicted to this website? :)

Replies

• kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I'm also addicted! I can't even believe this freaking site. It's amazing and has completely changed my life!! LOVE it!! All my friends are so supportive, also!! Sadly, more so than most of my real life friends and family who think I'm silly for counting calories. Pfffffft let them tell me I'm silly this summer when I'm ROCKING my new bathing suit! ;)
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    shamelessly addicted here as well
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    me, too. I very seldom visit facebook anymore!
  • kkjay
    kkjay Posts: 62
    Options
    Me too! And here I thought I was the only one. Nice to see I'm not the only one developing an addiction. =)
  • chunk1691
    chunk1691 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    me too. x
  • ynksfan167
    Options
    Hi Welcome! This site is very helpful!
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    totally my new facebook....I have most of my reg friends checking it out now :)
  • purplemilly12
    purplemilly12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    im getting addicted to mfp also i rather be on here reading peoples sucess stories then checking my fb. =)
  • honeydoozy
    honeydoozy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yep, count me in too.

When you check MFP before Facebook each time, I think you are a qualified member of the club. :smokin:
  • InsaneChic85
    InsaneChic85 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yep addicted, lol I lurk a lot more then post though :)
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Lol, I always check MFP before Facebook. And sometimes just MFP! Although I wish MFP had certain features like Facebook. For example a "Like" button and I wish it told you when someone commented on your status so you don't have to go look through them all again.
  • suziesue9
    suziesue9 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm definately an MFP addict too, FB is history!
  • Mo_babee
    Mo_babee Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm also a MFP addict...who knew it would be so addicting...lol
  • serenity216
    serenity216 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I am addicted too; when I am online this is the first place I go to. There is too much drama on Facebook. I limit myself to about an hour a day on there and that's just to catch up with friend's I don't get to see a lot.
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    welcome! i have been here 3 weeks and have been on daily, too! welcome! I am addicted.
  • herbswoman75
    Options
    Me too!! I love this site! I've only been using it for six days and am completely addicted. Everyone here is so nice and positive. I was really surprised at the level of support that people give to others they just "met".
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Me too. I am on here several times a day. Dont even check facebook anymore. I'd rather be here with friends that have the same problems as me. You can add me. I just joined a little over a week ago.
  • kokomarie
    Options
    Same! I do more reading than posting though.
  • tnknights
    Options
    But!!!! If you don't spread the word to Facebook, they'll never know the joy of MFP. Come on people. Spread the word! LOL!!!
  • anarose13
    anarose13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    very much addicted! only been on here a couple days but i am totally in love with the site. its a great tool for support.