PUSH UP problems,HELP ! =(

Options
IM fat and i always do PUSH UP,because of my heavy fats , when i push up,my palm hand will feel pain,i dont know why ? Is it because of my heavy weight ??? I EXTREMLY want to flatten my chest

Replies

• Jenny_MSW
    Jenny_MSW Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Have you tried putting your hands on a yoga mat or something if your palms are just hurting?? You could also try pushing up on your fists. If all else fails, try doing pushups on an angle to take some of the weight off of your hands- put your feet on the floor and your hands on a step. Keep going up a step raising the angle of your body until it stops hurting, then push away!
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    I did that on the smoother surface actually, and my palm still yet pain , and i cant do fists push up,sorry,because im still fat ,my palm will feel more pain actually
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with my wrists. I found that if you get push-up bars such as these:

http://www.amazon.com/GoFit-GF-PUB-Push-Up-Bars/dp/tags-on-product/B0007W2FLS

that it helps to control the pain in my wrists. There are plenty of other types to choose from, so get the one that will work for you. I hope that helps.
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    Thanks ! ,will try to find that stuffs on amazon,but i dont really have that cash to buy workout stuffs online actually
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Anything with a handle that rests off the floor will work. If you already have dumbbells you could just use those.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You could try putting your feet far apart. That helps me.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Chris, forgive my suspicious nature, but why is your diary entirely empty?
  • rochey1098
    Options
    A quick and easy solution, hands at 45 degrees and take a wider grip.
  • Tshuggah42
    Options
    Yea. Push up bars. Also you can just drop down and do push ups from your knees. Less strain on your hands wrist and forearms. You'll be able to do more push ups too.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    No one mentioned but it but you can do wall push instead, step back a couple feet from wall,, space your feet and stand on your toe, allow your body to "fall" into wall and do the push up this way. I do that all the time, as reccommended by a trainer.
  • chriswee2012
    Options
    Sorry for my diary actually,im NEW HERE,and i just sign up yesterday, and i dont really do these calculations stuff until my friends encourage me to do ,starting today i will do calories counting