Bananas... Yes or no!?

Options
Why am I seeing an advertisement on the side of these pages with a banana and a caption..... "Foods you should never eat". Should I be eating bananas in my effort to lose weight?? I have one a day and sometimes 2. Should I be avoiding them?

Replies

• kiki41
    kiki41 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    eat them before or after a workout but I wouldn't go overboard. If you're worried about it, just eat it as I mentioned. I had one today before my workout. I do not really eat them otherwise. They are not bad for you, they just have high carbs/sugars. If you aren't worried about that then you are fine to eat them.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    In your weight loss efforts, calories and then macros are all that matter, the names of the foods you eat to meet those are not. So continue eating your bananas, and maintain a caloric deficit
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love bananas. I eat them all the time and I'm dropping the fat still. Go for it!
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Ha, the banana ad just popped up for me too. I still eat them - usually one right before or after a workout.
  • rsidebo
    Options
    Yes..I believe you can eat bananas. I love them. Bananas did not make me fat! Just count them in your food diary.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Bananas are wonderful.

http://www.seniorark.com/Health Articles/18 Healthy Banana Things.htm

Yes, eat bananas. Mmm now I want one.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm dropping weight well and I'll have a banana with breakfast. I think the issues is that they're so high in carbs and sugar. But, I think it's calorie intake is what matters.
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Don't believe everything you read. Bananas are high in potassium and are fantastic for you. Just don't eat too many, they also cause constipation in large doses.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you like them and can fit them into your calories and macros - go for it!
  • cbh142
    cbh142 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm at the point that I NEED my morning banana or I'm just not right :)
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Bananas are fine :) And yummy! I have bananas all the time, but I try to eat other fruits instead because they're usually around 100 calories each and don't fill me up the way 50 calories worth of strawberries, etc. would haha.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    I eat a banana every morning before I run. I always log them.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I eat at least one banana every day.
    I've shed 130+ pounds and 100 inches, 19.25 of which came off my waist.

I am going to go out on a limb and say that bananas didn't cause my belly to be fat, nor did they prevent my belly from becoming small.
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    In your weight loss efforts, calories and then macros are all that matter, the names of the foods you eat to meet those are not. So continue eating your bananas, and maintain a caloric deficit

~ Always so matter of fact ! I concur with whatever he says ! Ha ! :wink:
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    No bananas, because bananas taste terrible to me.

I suppose if I ate nothing but bananas I'd lose weight because I'd hate eating. :smile:
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I eat 4-5 bananas a week and am losing lots of fat.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Those people telling us not to eat bananas are probably the same ones who think the best way to lose weight is to drink some loaded-with-crap meal substitute shake three times a day
  • sewedo1
    sewedo1 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bananas are fine....ignor the sidebars and ads
  • SkinnyShadow
    SkinnyShadow Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Don't believe everything you read. Bananas are high in potassium and are fantastic for you. Just don't eat too many, they also cause constipation in large doses.

Exactly!! I eat them because of the potassium, and because they really help my tummy feel better if I'm really hungry between meals. :)
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Be careful as you can overdose on potassium! I wouldn't do more than one or two a day! Potassium overdose affects your heart.