30 lbs out of 81 lost, feeling great

Options
I'm a little late to the party once again, but here is my official "I've lost 30 lbs, is this real life?" thread.

Sorry, but no pictures. I don't want people I know in real life tracking me down on the internet.

The weight is still coming off crazy fast, and I still don't know why. I'm not complaining, although I am concerned about potential loose skin and all that. Not enough to change what I'm doing though.

I have made the descent into ONEderland, and it is marvelous. It has been a while since I've been here. I moved down a shirt size and a pants size. Many of the clothes I was wearing before I sized down are now comically large on me.

I'm learning how to cook dinner for myself. It allow me greater control over what and how much I eat, and saves me a tremendous amount of money. If you're like me and the thought of spending your free time cooking seems very unappealing, look into a slow cooker (crock pot) that has the option to automatically switch to keep warm once your food is done. It's not difficult or time consuming to make yourself a healthy dinner with one and have it be ready as soon as you step in the door.

The next time I make one of these threads, I will be below the weight I was at when I quit my previous job.

If you post in my thread, you's gettin' a friend request.

Replies

• Jwirl
    Jwirl Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!
  • roadworthy
    Options
    Way to go:) I love to cook even though I cook for 6 people everyday! Just made homemade thin crust whole wheat pizzas tonight. Much cheaper than takeout and so much better for you.
  • suzy50minus
    suzy50minus Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    So Proud of you! That is a HUGE accomplishment so far! And I know you are keeping your eyes on the prize so I am looking forward to seeing all the great things you do!! Way to go!!!
  • zlem
    zlem Posts: 92
    Options
    well done dude! you're so consistent with your exercise etc and it's really paying off, keep up the good work =)
  • txtrace
    Options
    Great Job!
  • ahsina27
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome!
  • heathermarie311
    Options
    Keep working hard!wtg!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss!!!! It's a good feeling!!!
  • kimdyson3
    kimdyson3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job!!! I've lost 30 as well and it's a great feeling :) keep it up!
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Great job, keep it up! I have about 45 lbs to go.
  • soonpass
    soonpass Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My goal is to lose aroubd 80 as well. Oh I dreamof the day I can say I've lost 30. Keep it up!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you're doing great, and it's fantastic that you are making long-lasting changes, like learning to cook dinner :-) Keep up the good work!
  • vickie28
    vickie28 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Awesome !! Keep it up , I have at least 60 to go, this web site is actually making it easier to lose, I love all the success stories & I love counting the calories so much easier than " points " & this works so much better and is free-- Big bonus meeting a lot of special people along the way :) Have a wonderful day .
  • kriggs1976
    Options
    I can not wait until I get to 30 lost! Congrats.
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    great job! keep it up!
  • pglecher
    Options
    Congratulations! I have just started and have loved reading all the good news!
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome to ONEderland! Don't worry, we don't chop people's heads off or anything (altho I bet that would help you lose weight REAL QUICK).

:happy:
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Great job!! I am very close to Onederland :)
  • Soapstone
    Soapstone Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
    It's such an important skill to be able to cook meals for yourself, and to learn how to cook healthy. It can seem expensive at first, but if you cook large portions and freeze them, it's much cheaper. Some of my favorite staples: dry black beans, whole chickens, and eggs. I eat a lot of hard boiled eggs, after workouts, when I need an evening snack, or in my salads to add protein.
    Whole chickens are a huge bang for your buck. I get them for $5 a piece where I live, boil the whole chicken, cool it, shred it, portion it and freeze it. Same with black beans. You can also bag the chicken stock after you boil the chicken (after cooling) and lay the bags flat in your freezer- very cheap, and very handy.
    I cook for a family of five and a whole chicken can last us three meals. I know most "dieters" like skinless, boneless breast, but I love whole chickens!
    I tend to eat the same stuff over and over again because I cook and freeze in large quantities, and maybe some would think it's boring, but it works for me and it helps a lot with logging my meals. I've lost 11 lbs since February 1, and I'm very pleased with how much this site helps. Congrats, my friend!! Doesn't it feel fantastic?
    I read your list of reasons you want to lose weight, and it reminds me of all the reasons I am doing this, too. Thanks for reminding me, and for inspiring me! We got this!
  • divinesoul
    divinesoul Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!