Which vitamins do you take and why?

Options
CVAB
CVAB Posts: 56 Member
Right now I am taking a A&D, because there is rarely any good sunny days in Newfoundland and plus I'm very pale so I don't like being in the sun too long.
I'm also taking B complex 50 twice a day. My whole family has several vitamin B deficiencies. Some of us need the shot, some of us don't. I'm waiting to see how I feel with pills before I get shots.
I'm planing on maybe taking a magnesium for my heart palpitations and seeing how that goes.

Replies

• lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I take 1000 mg of D3 every day, love how much energy it gives me.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Multi- I know I don't get every single vitamin and mineral I need from diet alone

B-12- I am deficient and per my doctor take a daily supplement

Calcium w/vitamin D- I only take this on days where I really don't eat much calcium, which ends up being a few times a week.
  • lookitslisa
    lookitslisa Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I take a B complex for energy, cus my family also have deficiencies. Calcium cus I never eat enough. And a mix of zinc, Magnesium & D3 which really helps with PMT & cramps. All vits dissolve in a glass of water...I hate swallowing pills.
  • haileysfitlife
    Options
    I take Juice Plus, I find that the all natural mix of all fruits and all veggies helps me really get a broad range of nutrients :)
  • Astroduckula
    Options
    I have Multivitamins + iron as I'm a veggie and never get enough iron without them.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I take iron supplements because I am naturally anemic, and vitamin B-12 injectible three times a week
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Sam's club generic multivit 2x a day
    Vitamin c during the school year because I teach in a public high school
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Right now I am taking a A&D, because there is rarely any good sunny days in Newfoundland and plus I'm very pale so I don't like being in the sun too long.
    I'm also taking B complex 50 twice a day. My whole family has several vitamin B deficiencies. Some of us need the shot, some of us don't. I'm waiting to see how I feel with pills before I get shots.
    I'm planing on maybe taking a magnesium for my heart palpitations and seeing how that goes.
    Just be careful with Vitamin A as it can be toxic if you take too much.
    Heart palpitations? please see your doctor ASAP
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Iodine - Was severely deficient, and good for PCOS
    Lymphatox - Great for skin health and acne caused by PCOS
    Activated B6 - Once again, for PCOS
    Glucofactors - Helps with sugar metabolism, contains chromium
    Probex - Gut health (probiotic)
  • stringqueen16
    Options
    I take One a Day Women's Active Metabolism; it's really seemed to help the weight loss. Also I take a good bit of Iron, as I am anemic, and I also take a green tea supplement for added energy.
  • BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I take children's chewable multivitamins. The gummy bear kind. Because they're cute and taste like candy. :happy:
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Calcium/Vitamin D & Iron because I don't get enough of them in my diet

and Fish Oil because it's good for your heart/hair/nails
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Multivitamin
    Vitamin B12: energy
    Calcium/D: I hate milk
  • amandasue1107
    amandasue1107 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I take calcium (because I'm not much of a milk drinker!) and also prenatal vitamin -- helps my hair grow and gives me the nutrients I need!
  • xMsAlly
    xMsAlly Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil capsules for my hair. And it's good for overall health too. I want to up my vitamin intake