I choose health

foleypro
foleypro Posts: 9
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
This is my first time on a fitness blog. I'm 54 and weigh 197. I'm sedentary. I'm starting SlimShots at the same time as starting this endeavor. I went to Hilton Head Health institute for a week and lost fifteen pounds over the following three months. But then I became human again, broke my shoulder, consoled myself with icecream. Yada yada yada.

We all have the same stories.

My son recommened this site. I've used logging software before and this seems to be very good because I'm not loading in the information...my choices are usually already available. So that should be a better incentive.

Best wishes to everyone!

Oh yes, the picture. I was Medusa in a play a few years ago. And it was the only picture I had of myself on this computer. Usually my hair is a little less....active!

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Love the look! :laugh:

Welcome & good luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Welcome! Just warning Slim shots aren't very good for you my friend did them lost a large amount of weight only to get sick and gain more back.
    Good luck to you!!
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Welcome:flowerforyou:

I wish you great success as you begin your new journey. You can do this:bigsmile: I too have made the committment to choose health and have made very positive changes.
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Good Luck and welcome to MFP, this site is great, hope you enjoy and benefit from it:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • foleypro
    Thanks for the comments. I'll keep that in mind.

There is no magic bullet. I'm hoping this website will help me jumpstart a behavioral change and the Slim Shots will provide a temporary ability to get the appetite monkey off my back.
  • foleypro
    How do you get that spiffy weight loss chart on your comments? And thank you for your encouragement. You have been very successful!:flowerforyou:
  • kimweber
    kimweber Posts: 1
    I am ready to get in shape. I am a 36 year old mom of three boys and I can't feel like this any longer! diabetes and other scary health problems run in my family and I DO NOT want any more problems than I already have. I am so ready to loose, loose ,loose !
This discussion has been closed.