30 day shred

Options
2»

Replies

• amyllong75
    amyllong75 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was going to start tomorrow, but since everyone has started today i will too! How heavy of weights do you use?

I'd say that's good motivation :-)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred kit that is sold separately contains a workout mat and 3 pound weights, for those who are wondering what weights she recommends. :flowerforyou: They had the kit on rollback for 11 bucks last week at Wal-Mart.
  • wittaniemc
    Options
    Today will make day 3 for me. I am soooo sore, I can barely sit!! Guess that means it's working though. And I have been using 3lb weights. Also for anyone who doesn't have the dvd youtube has it, I got tired of waiting for mine to get here and found it there the other day.
  • TaushasJourney
    Options
    do you need weights for it?

Yes, you do.

I just started (day 1 level 1) today as well! : )
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Today is your 1st day, today is my LAST day (day 30)! I'm so excited I actually completed it! Just had to brag a bit :)
  • leeann788
    leeann788 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just did Day 2 today! Wow!! Muscles that I did not even know I owned are sore!!!!
    I use 2 pound weights.
  • leeann788
    leeann788 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Today is your 1st day, today is my LAST day (day 30)! I'm so excited I actually completed it! Just had to brag a bit :)
    And your results???
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options

Results please? :) I am on Level 1 Day 4 and its everyone's results that keep me going :)
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I did it for 30 day and now I just mix it up between the different levels. Its tough but worth it. I pick between the different levels depending on my mood :) Level one is tough on the knees - more aerobic, level 2 is alot of planks and is harder on the upper body, level 3 is intense with the weights and it uses the weights a bit more.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 day 1 today! It was so fun!
  • smcase
    smcase Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Reading this thread encouraged me to go buy the DVD and get started today! Thank you for the motivation.
  • jacquiroxx
    jacquiroxx Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just did Level 1, Day 1 today as well :) While I do the Shred, I'll also be training for a half marathon, so results should be interesting!
  • kaydensmom12
    Options
    I just finished 30ds today. I lost 2.75 inches off of my waist, 2.5 inches off of my hips, 0.5 inches off of my neck, 1.25 inches off of my thighs, 1.25 inches off of my calves, 1.75 inches off of my chest. My arms stayed the same but I can surely see a major difference in them from when I started. I gained 3-4lbs for the first 3 weeks weigh the same now as when I started. I have pics on my profile if anyone wants to look at them, I am in a bathing suit that it too small for me though lol. It took me 33 days instead of the 30.
    Sorry I had to brag also because I am happy with my results.
  • swellen
    swellen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did Day 1, Level 1 last Monday and Day 2 yesterday... took that long for my arms to stop hurting enough that I wasn't groaning when I straightened them. Yeah, NO upper body strength at all, apparently. :laugh: I'm planning on doing it every second day (alternating it with a fairly brisk 1 hour early morning walk on the other days) so obviously it will take me longer than 30 days. Day 2 was a lot better and even after a 4 day break I felt a little bit stronger and more able to do the exercises. I'm looking forward to the day I can do a proper push-up... even on my knees I can barely manage one!
  • zpnut
    zpnut Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi, I did Day 1 this afternoon too! Let's keep each other motivated! For the past 6 weeks I've been exercising about 4 days a week, both cardio and Pilates reformer but had little weight change. Very disappointing and perplexing. Didn't take measurements unfortunately, but not much change except that I think my Xmas belly disappeared. Would like to get down to 65kg. So here goes! Good luck everyone!

Here are my starting measurements (cm/kg)

Arm left: 31.5
    Arm right: 30
    Bust: 94
    Waist: 83
    Hips: 103
    Leg left: 59
    Leg right: 59

Height: 1.61cm
    Weight 88.6kg
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Alright, Day 2 level 1 is complete! I am using 3lb weights and holy moly my quads are screaming. My upper body isn't quite as upset but a little tender. I hope the pain eventually goes away.
  • clkuchtyn
    clkuchtyn Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Results please? :) I am on Level 1 Day 4 and its everyone's results that keep me going :)

I haven't yet measured my results (inches, pounds, pictures). I'm giving my body a few days to get rid of any residual water weight that may be in my muscles. I'll post the results to the forums when I get them ;)
  • NewfieChick76
    NewfieChick76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi ical50,
    I like your idea for Lent. I think I may do the same. Thanks for the idea.