Travel Itch...

Options
a1wonder
a1wonder Posts: 95 Member
Anyone else have a an addiction to travel? Don't get me wrong I love my home and my family and all that (love my province tones of stuff to do here) but seriously if I'm not jet-setting somewhere every 12 months I go bananas.

It seems like we keep escalating the level of adventure as well, a couple of years ago we did a romp thru western and southern Europe, back again last year to Greece (that was a riot) and now for 2013 we're planning on going on Safari to Africa

Anyone else out there love traveling, where have you been to/future travel plans?

Replies

• ginamaria724
    Options
    I absolutely love traveling, always have. 99% of the time I only get to travel once a year, in the summer. That's ok though :) I haven't been outside of the United States with the exception of being in a couple Caribbean islands for a half-day due to vacations on cruise lines. I think this summer though we're planning to go to California for the second time, I'm excited :)
  • dorseykm
    dorseykm Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have a lifetime goal of visiting half the world's countries. The total number keeps shifting, but I think I have to average a new country every year to keep up. Some years I do better than others like when my friend and I traveled through western Europe via train and I visited at least five new places. I also have some criteria - like stopping at the airport on layover doesn't count. I have to spend at least four hours somewhere outside the airport. Sadly, I didn't make it anywhere new last year, but this spring I plan to go to Peru with a friend. I'm also planning a domestic trip to Hawaii when I hit my weight goal. Happy travels!
  • a1wonder
    a1wonder Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Would defiantly love to hit up the Caribbean, it looks amazing we're both getting into scuba and I think that would be a blast.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I need to scratch that travel itch at least once every 12 months. Been to Europe, seen a tiny bit of America and Canada. Planning a trip to Eastern America plus some tropical islands for next year. Bring on April 2013!
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Spent last summer backpacking England, France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece. I am completely addicted to it. Once the funds are restored (my poor, poor, sad bank account) I want to do a trip to northern and central europe or the UK (depends some things). I'd also love to go back and redo Spain and some of Portugal, maybe Morocco. And don't even get me started on South America! This is why I need to be skinny!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    I HATE traveling! This usually surprises people, because my mom and I hosted an exchange student in high school and I too was an exchange student in high school (and loved it), and am currently an exchange student in college applying to study abroad again next year (Hope I get in!). I enjoy moving, but cannot stand traveling. I do not like all the work that goes into planing, packing, etc...as well as panic attacks etc...I like moving because I get into a daily routine and make lifelong friends...I feel like the place becomes my home ^^ I love moving though...I find it exciting to meet new people, learn new languages/cultures, eat new food, see new places...PS: I hate moving before hand too though lol. I usually have panic attacks daily for two weeks before hand...and become unable to sleep except every other day -_-...
  • jkdarby
    jkdarby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have the travel itch, but I never get to scratch it. I have not had the money to travel due to tuition and school expenses. The only place I have been besides local places within small driving distances is Hawaii (which I'm not complaining about). This spring/summer, I plan on visiting Washington D.C. I really want to visit Bali. The hotel company I work for has an awesome resort there. I have a list of places I want to go and someday I will visit those places!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely addicted to traveling....more than that, moving to new places, being out of the comfort zone, that kind of thing. In fact I haven't stayed in one place more than 2 years in the last 12 years. I've been all over the US, Europe, parts of Africa and Australia....I've got my sights set on Asia next.
  • ChristopherFiss
    ChristopherFiss Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me + Motorcycle + Open Road = Heaven.

I plan on logging at least 7k km this summer for one trip alone....I can't wait!
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    My love for Travel gave me the idea years ago to become a Travel Agent, best decision that I ever made! In April we will spend 2 weeks in Hawaii exploring the islands and cruising on the Sapphire Princess out of LA, I need to lose another 20 pounds to fit in my favorite bikini!!!
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I love to travel, 32 countries and counting!

Most of Western Europe & Scandinavia and a bit of Eastern Europe.
    Russia.
    A good chunk of the US and a tiny bit of Canada.
    Most of South America, including Easter Island.
    Caribbean (Trinidad & Tobago, Margarita).
    Parts of the Middle East (Dubai, Oman)
    Japan, various parts of Australia.
    Maldives.

I'd like to see more of South East Asia.
    I've been well inside the Arctic Circle, but would like to see the Antarctic.
  • robbiejay1971
    Options
    I love to travel to Spain & Portugal, their climate is so much nicer than the UK weather. I try to manage 2 or 3 trips a year if finances allow :)
  • HealthiHannah
    HealthiHannah Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to travel, and have an "unofficial" pre-nup with my husband that we have to visit 1 new place each year, and have to travel atleast 2-3 times total per year. I have been to London and a couple small cities nearby (Ely and Norwich), Cozumel, Mazatlan, Cabo San Lucas, and good 'ol Rocky Point, Mexico, and around the US we have been to California, Oregon, Alabama, upstate New York, and Florida!

The next couple years my husband and I are in school so our pre-nups are on hold, but we will be traveling to San Diego, Los Angeles, and Mexico within the next few months. (none are new, but hit the criteria for 3)

When we graduate we plan to take either a Transatlantic/ European cruise or train-tour to experience some new places - we'll be playing catch up!
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have seen enough of the USA....but I really wanna go to India....I speak and understand Urdu, but I have never been there. Sometimes I feel it is where I really belong, even though Ive never been. Also (inshaAllah) I will go to Saudi Arabia one day for Mecca....
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I love to travel. In April, I'll be taking my longest car ride yet. I'll be driving from No. Dakota to Alaska, where I'll be stationed for about 4 years.
  • missmeg1970
    missmeg1970 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love to travel.... have visited 38 Countries lived in five different ones and have no plans to stop. We are doing the Trans Siberian this coming Summer and cannot wait... the only downer is sometimes its hard to get net access and I lose my days logging in :( but I still log my food.

I hope everybody gets to scratch their itch one day soon

Meg xx
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I love traveling, but I have not had a chance to do a whole lot yet. I have only been out of the U.S. once when I was a child, to Mexico. In just a few weeks I'll be visiting Mexico again. I've traveled to Florida, Massachusetts, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota and California. I really want to travel a lot more, my next international destination is Germany and Europe, I want to stay for around a month or more if I can save the money. I am currently learning German so I want to use it and possibly move to Germany.

I really want to travel to Japan, Egypt, India and Australia for my top destinations. I want to explore the world as much as possible in my life and hope to visit a lot of countries.
  • daniivdean
    daniivdean Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    After I graduate from uni in 2014 I am going to travel!

Not sure where yet but I intend to do it as simply as possible. Backpack, tent, camera... GO!

I want to live as naturally as possible. I have a group of us. Going to be incredible. I cannot wait :)
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    Oh yes! Think I'm born with wanderlust! I'd love to visit anywhere and everywhere! Every country, every city, every town... I'm even thinking of taking up a 2nd job just to have more money for travelling! :laugh:

kk, back to reality. I'm not what people would call a seasoned traveller. I've been to a few places around SE Asia, largest trip I've ever taken is to Greece back in 2009 - spent like 26 days there and it was absolutely lovely. However, since then, have found a job that doesn't allow me to take long trips anymore. 14 days of annual leave is all I've got. Neither does it pay well enough for such indulgence. Meh.

Another limitation is companionship. Am not too keen to be solo traveller. However, the friends I have don't seem very into travelling and all -__-"

However, I promised myself that I'll take a short trip perhaps like 2-3 times a year, those weekend getaways stuff... and squeeze in 1 longer trip (the 1 week type) once a year or every 2 years. Am headed to Krabi, Thailand this weekend for 4 days and in April am going to Kota Kinabalu for 5 days and will be doing some hiking! For the "longer trip" this year, am planning to visit some of my WoW guildmates in Sydney end Oct - plans are still being made & am keeping fingers crossed that it'll all work out :bigsmile:
  • sannachi
    Options
    I live for travelling! I have to get abroad every year and if I'm not on vacation, I'm planning one. I also like to travel in my own country and I do weekend trips around every other month.

So far I've been to almost all European countries, some of them many times (e.g. Sweden).

This year I'm travelling to Latvia. This is third time I go there and I absolutely love that country. Next year I'm hopefully going student exchange either to Ireland, UK or US. :)