How many pounds did it take you to lose a dress size?

Options
Just wonderin :)

Replies

• mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to fit into my LBD :( my heels still fit though
  • britneyblonde
    britneyblonde Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Iv lost a stone and still wearing the same size! :(
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have lost 24lbs and 3 UK sizes on the bottom half and 2 on the top. And half a shoe size which is a pain!
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 35lbs and still the same size (& measurements!)
  • kellyh2
    Options
    Ive lost 16lb and am now inbetween sizes, but it all depends on your body shape.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    About 15-20. I've lost 63lbs and am down almost 4 sizes
  • surferfreak07
    surferfreak07 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have lost 24lbs and 3 UK sizes on the bottom half and 2 on the top. And half a shoe size which is a pain!

I've lost half a shoe size as well, It's a massive pain I now only one 1 pair of heels.... I've lost 32 pounds in total and 1 dress size on the bottom 2-3 sizes on top depending on the fit!
  • lisa1906
    Options
    I read somewhere that you are supposed to drop one dress size with every 10lbs in weight lost. Not sure if its true though as everyone's body shape is different.
  • DianaJaneD
    DianaJaneD Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'd say around 13-15 lbs.
  • nothingisred
    Options
    I've lost 26lbs and I've gone from a UK16 to a UK10-12 on bottom and a UK14 to a UK8-10 on top.

So roughly 2 stone has been about 2.5 dress sizes for me.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that you are supposed to drop one dress size with every 10lbs in weight lost. Not sure if its true though as everyone's body shape is different.

I don't think this can be true, I've lost 23lbs now and am still the same dress size! I mean I can feel the difference a bit in my clothes but I can't get into the next dress size down? x
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    go down one size every 9-10lbs
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12.5lbs and I'm down a jeans size. I was in between top sizes but the smaller is now hanging on me a little! They usually say around 10/12lbs for a dress size but it really just depends on where the weight comes off you pet!
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    Ive lost 11 lbs and just about into a lower size, was a UK 16 bottom half and just about a 14 now.
  • Fatbuster205
    Fatbuster205 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    28lbs (2 stone) off and two sizes down!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Well since I am a guy I don't wear dresses but I am Scottish Canadian. I do have a kilt and it sure fit better after the 10 lb mark.
  • amanda_lessofme
    amanda_lessofme Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It not only depends on body shape; it also depends on starting weight. A 25 pound loss will not look the same on someone starting out at 275 and their friend starting out at 175. Even though it's the same amount, it should be much more obvious on the person with the lower weight.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You need to consider the mess that is dress sizes nowadays too. Unless you're trying the exact same garment in a different size you'll come up with different sizes anyway. I have pants ranging from a UK size 10 - 14 and tops from 10 - 16!! all of which fit me fine. Roughly though I'm a 10/12 bottom and 14 top. Used to be a 20 bottom 22/24 top.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I was 190lbs, I am now 154lbs. I am in the same size clothes and my measurements have barely budged... We're all different!
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I once lost 2lbs but was in the gym 5 days a week after 8 weeks I dropped 2 dress sizes
    But usually I drop a dress size every 10-14lbs in 2010 I lost 57lbs and dropped 4 dress sizes