What do you do with your spaghetti squash?

Options

Replies

• soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    bump - bought my first spaghetti squash today!
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have ate it many ways as a topper and such but I still very much love to cook it and put butter and salt and pepper.. mmmmm
    Linda
  • Bump... LOVE spaghetti squash :smile:
  • ford8709
    ford8709 Posts: 140
    Options
    Bump
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    These sound awesome~! I love squash in general, so definatally need to try some of these ideas! :)
  • Boop1959
    Boop1959 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I baked a spaghetti squash for dinner, I tossed about tablespoon of olive oil and fresh grated parm cheese and sprinkled some garlic powder. It was excellent!
  • bamitsbecca
    Options
    I don't know the exact recipe, but my mom use to make a killer spaghetti squash casserole! I was, and still am, a picky eater but it was one of my favorite meals as a kid. It tastes kind of like a lasagna/spaghetti.

You basically throw the cooked and shredded (just scrape the inside out with a fork) squash, cheese and tomato sauce in a casserole dish and put it in the oven. Simple and yummy :)
  • whitebirch19
    Options
    I make spaghetti squash for use in "pasta" dishes, but I also found it makes a wonder latke (potato pancake - or rather spaghetti squash pancake in this case). Mix a fist sized lump of squash strings with a little egg and season with a salt, pepper, onion, and garlic seasoning blend. Spray a skillet with non-stick spray, put the spaghetti squash mixture in the skillet and kind of flatten it out into a pancake like shape. Cook until the egg firms up and you see browning around the edges, then flip and brown the other side.
  • Beth429
    Beth429 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How about stuffed cabbage!! Try this 450 calorie/ serving recipe!!

Meatballs"
    2 lbs Ground Turkey
    1 egg
    seasoned bread crumbs
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    salt and pepper to taste
    Add all ingredients and roll into 1" - 1-1/2" balls makes between 30-35

1 cabbage cut into 2" squares. Blanch in boiling water for 30 sec - 1 min to help soften since turkey meat does not give off enough grease to help break it down. Becareful not to over-blanch, you don't want to cook out all the vitamins and nutrients!

2 jars of District Market Marinara or any other Marinara found in your organic food section!

In a large roaster cover bottom with marinara, place cabbage on top and then meatballs. Cover with remainder of Marinara. using a 1/4 cup of red wine in each marinara jar shake out remaining sauce and sprinkle on top of "unstuffed cabbage" Bake for 1 hour @ 375. Serve over spaghetti squash! Yummy Yummy!!
  • Beth429
    Beth429 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention each serving contains 3-4 meatballs!
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to trying this! Thanks
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    Yum. I love spaghetti squash!
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Mmm haven't made spaghetti squash in a looong time. Dinner tonight!
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I bake it, Whole! because those buggers are darn near impossible to cut open when not cooked! lol
    Then I put a huge dallop of spaghetti squash in a bowl and pour either butternut squash soup or sweet potato soup on top.
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash. I use it instead of regular pasta in most pasta recipes. I have added other veggies and sprinkle a little cheese on top and baked it. My boyfriend likes to layer it like lasagna.
  • 3rdxacharm
    3rdxacharm Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    We eat this at least twice a month. I tend to cut back on the cheese. Delicious! If I have room for the calories, serve with scoops!

Southwest Spaghetti Squash

Ingredients
    1 spaghetti squash ( 3 pounds)
    1 (14 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes, undrained
    1 (14 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
    ¾ cup monterey jack cheese, divided
    ¼ cup cilantro, finely chopped
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
    ¼ teaspoon black pepper
    Directions
    Preheat oven to 350°F.
    Cut squash in half lengthwise.
    Remove and discard seeds.
    Place squash, cut side down, in greased baking pan.
    Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour or until just tender.
    Using fork, remove spaghetti-like strands from hot squash and place strands in large bowl.
    Add tomatoes with juice, beans, 1/2 cup cheese, cilantro, cumin, garlic salt and pepper; toss well.
    Spray 1 1/2 quart casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
    Spoon mixture into casserole.
    Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
    Bake uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through.
    Serve immediately
  • bartrammary
    Options
    take 1/2 shrimp and put it in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Melt 1 tablespoon of light butter or light margerine in the microwave. To that add the juice of a 1/2 lemon (or whole depending on how lemony you like things) add chopped garlic, worstershire sauce and some Mrs. Dash lemon pepper. Dump over the shrimp and bake at 350 until the shrimp are done, about 8-10 minutes. Pour over cooked spaghetti squash! It is delish. This is for 2 servings!
  • glory2Him
    glory2Him Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mrsrlj04joinslife
    mrsrlj04joinslife Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have made a spaghetti squash lasagna. Just use the spaghetti squash in place of lasagna noodles then prepare however you choose to make lasagna. My husband is not a huge fan of spaghetti squash and loves this.
  • judycarla
    Options
    Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash

Bake and shred the spaghetti squash.
    Sautee 1/2 chopped onion and 1 chopped red pepper in a bit of olive oil.
    Toss together with 3-5 chopped tomatoes, a large handful of chopped fresh basil, 1/2 cup sliced black olives. 2/3 cup of crumbled feta cheese, salt and pepper.