Office Job.. =(

Options
What are some things I can do at my job to keep me going? exercise wise? I want to do stuff when im here for days i dont make it to the gym...

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    eat less.
    drink more water.
    you dont have to go to the gym everyday.
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi there.. I usually take the long way to the bathroom or to the printer so that I am getting some extra walking in.. if you have a lunch break you can walk around your building, I use to do that when I was able to leave the office and go out side for breaks. you could have little hand weights at your desk so that when you have a little break you could do the little weights.
    just some thoughts
    Have a great week
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Im am pretty much confined to my area since i am the switchboard/receptionist. I walk as far as i can back and forth. I also do stepping workouts at my desk. I know i look crazy but it helps burn calories. I also have a back storage room that is spacious enough for me to do inverted push-ups and dance. Hope it helps
  • xYumzx
    xYumzx Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I work in a DRs office at the front desk... only one here lol kinda sucks but its in the hamptons(LONG ISLAND NY) so its always nice around here except its sooo damn cold
  • buckystars
    buckystars Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Do you work in a tall building? Before you eat lunch, go up and down the stairs a few times. I do this at work, though we only have 3 floors. :)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I drink a crap load of water at work. I also do squats and lunges at my desk
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Take a walk during lunch with a coworker
    Drink lots of water
  • sfh0wrd
    Options
    We have a bathroom downstairs and one upstairs--- I go up the stairs!

I get up and stretch a few times a day. Or prop one ankle on the other knee and lean forward to stretch out my hips.

I have an hour lunch, so on nice days, I put on some tennis shoes and go walking for half an hour.

I've actually done squats in the bathroom! :ohwell:
  • techigirl78
    techigirl78 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I agree on taking the stairs if you have them in your office building.
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    lunch time walks, stand at your desk for a while so you dont develop office butt, lol
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I never take the elevator. I take the stairs everytime I have to go anywhere in the building. At lunch time I try to walk around the block a few times. Do jumping jacks at your desk. :wink: I take the long way to the bathroom, copier, etc. Sometimes, if I can squeeze a break into the day, I will go to the stairwell and walk up and down a short flight of stairs several times. Anything to get up and get moving.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Can you work out on your lunch break? Even go for a walk outside if a gym isn't an option. That helps me...I also get up for 15 minutes every few hours and walk stairs to keep moving.
  • neznarf0205
    neznarf0205 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If you are in a dr office at front desk you probably can't be very far from phone or take a lunch. So unless your Dr. closes for an hour a day for you to get some exercise in your only option is to get up early and exercise before work or add exercise to your commute by parking farther away or taking a bicycle all or part way to office.

I am able to forward phones to my cell so I can leave the desk and get some exercise in but it is annoying. Good luck in working out something, but it probably will mean sacrificing something else. In the long run you WILL feel better. Remember the end goal is a healthy you!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I walk at break times,lunch time and take the long way back from the bathroom. Also try and stand whenever possible
  • neznarf0205
    neznarf0205 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    The web MD link provide has a lot of things that seem to work too. Just getting that heart moving is awesome.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/exercise-at-your-desk
  • ts1122
    ts1122 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Desk exercises are great! I work in a small office and normally don't take a lunch so I do leg lifts and such while I sit :) I also add a 20-30 min workout at home when my kids go down for bed - it's not a lot but its enough to balance out my day and no gym required!
  • Danielle_Star
    Options
    Whn I'm at work I make it a point to get up. So drinking more water helps for more bathroom trips. I also take the stairs instead of the elevator and if time and weather permits I will eat lunch and walk. I feel like it's the little things. For instance if I have multiple print jobs I will print one at a time to make more trips to the printer. Just to get me out of my seat. Hope this helps!
  • Camsdette
    Camsdette Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My husband says a few people at his office sit on those giant exercise balls instead of using their chairs. Sounds like more fun than a chair to me, anyway. :-)