Workouts with fastest results

Options
Hey,

I was wondering what type of workouts are you gals and guys doing that you have seen the fastest results?

Replies

• anberlingasm
    Options
    I've seen some really good results with the 30 Day Shred, not done it myself yet but it seems pretty unanimous that it makes a huge difference in a month.
  • jmvmisc24
    jmvmisc24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I hate running so I do the elliptical and zumba.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I was wondering what type of workouts are you gals and guys doing that you have seen the fastest results?
    Results aren't typical. Gender, genetics, diet, training, frequency, intensity, rest, nutrition, etc. all factor in. Best thing to do is find a workout that YOU will do consistently.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bmwillisbaw
    Options
    I've been doing Brazil Butt Lift for two weeks and I've already lost 6 lbs.
  • robynj88
    robynj88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    i've found Zumba really helpful also for toning and helping my cardio level (which before was abysmal!)
  • judykritikos
    Options
    60 min of Zumba burns almost 500 calories. 60 min on the Elliptical at level 10 burns about 600 calories. Walking an hour burns MAYBE 200. Love walking, but for the biggest burn - Zumba and Elliptical. Zumba is cardio and uses all your muscle groups - and it's not exercise when it's to great music!
  • msrena
    msrena Posts: 21
    Options
    For ME it's been Zumba... most of my loss has been from that. I did recently start the Couch to 5K, just to get some change going on... I don't want to get bored and stop (I know me, that's what I do). Once I crack the Couch to 5k, I'll find something else I want to do. But Zumba will be a part of every week, a big part.

Good Luck on your journey to a healthier you!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    For me it would be Six Week Six Pack, 30 Day Shred, and Walking/Running
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Interval workouts, especially involving running, do it for me. Good luck. :smile:
  • snipnclipgirl
    Options
    My favorite workout is Turbo Kick. I take a class 3 times a week at the local YMCA and now I am doing Chalene Johnson's Turbo Fire at home too. Good Luck on your journey :)
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Do whatever works for you and whatever you like!
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You're so right about Zumba!!! And boy does the time fly by!!
  • isys5
    isys5 Posts: 213
    Options
    TurboFire has worked really well for me but you have to find something you enjoy and will stick with. Consistency is the key, it does not happen overnight so consistent workouts, eating clean and tracking EVERYTHING you put in your mouth and the results will come :)
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Treadmill at max incline (15%) and speeds exceeding 4.7 mph typically burn 1100 calories or more an hour. Mix in elliptical and arc trainer for burns of 600-900 calories an hour with higher settings. Find what works best for you that you will do on a consistent basis. That is the key!
  • ButterflyRaven
    ButterflyRaven Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started the Six Week Six Pack. Not with the goal of a six pack mind you...but with the goal of trimming my middle down. I do the Level One Workout three times a week with one day in between. I can't even do all the moves, but still feel soar from my muscles being exercised.

It works for me, but remember find something that works for YOU, not what sells by popular demand. Try pilates, etc.....low imact, with results.
  • Costello08
    Costello08 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Zumba seems to be working for me. I haven't lost a lot pound wise but I've lost a pant size. I don't measure myself but my clothes are getting lose and I went shopping yesterday and bought pants a size smaller.
  • yag1630
    Options
    Running and Elliptical are the workouts that have the fast results.

5km running and walking using a treadmill would burn 900+ calories.

20 minutes of elliptical would burn 200+ calories
  • DL121004
    DL121004 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is find a workout that YOU will do consistently.

This.

My recommendation is always that the "best" exercise is one that you will stick with. Try different things and find out what you enjoy.
  • stringqueen16
    Options
    In my experience, the best workouts have been the ones that don't necessarily have the fastest results. Any exercise is good exercise, and if you focus on how many calories you're burning or how quickly you lose weight, you can miss out on potentially good exercises that improve balance, posture, boost metabolism, and elevate your mood. I'd definitely just do something you enjoy, something you can stick to, and something you can grow to look forward to in your daily routine. If you do this, the weight will come off and the muscles will show up for sure!
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    bump for later