Needing to get healthy for pregnancy

Options
Hi everyone. I had signed up for MFP a while back but never actually followed it. My plan is to start today! I am hoping to get pregnant but I know that I need in my best shape to have a healthy baby and also to develop good habits for myself and my family. Today I have the day off work and my plan is to get everything organize for a successful week for tracking and excising.

Anyone else on the same boat? Would love to make some friends.

Replies

• jessicahowell2009
    Options
    I am definitely in the same boat. I am trying to lose weight as well to get pregnant. I have lost 9 lbs so far using MFP and am feeling great about myself. I have found if I buy a lot of fruits and veggies it helps me a lot! Feel free to add me! I would love to have a friend who is working towards the same goals! :)
  • Shine004
    Shine004 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I can say from experince that MFP will definately help. We had been trying for over a year. It is hard to stick to it at times when life is so hectic. I had started my weight loss journey last year around january and lost some weight then in May I found fitness pal and fell in love with it. I lost more weight then we were blessed with becmoing pregnant after trying for way to long and I had to put my diet on hold. I am 29 and have a 4 1/2 year old son and we were blessed January 17 with our newest son. I still can not hit the gym yet or really diet hard, but I am back on track and weigh less than I did before I became pregnant with a total weight loss of 39 pounds and it feels great. It is hard to put yourself in the equation but when you are ready , now that is when the magic happens. Good luck on your journey and I would like to help with the support and motivation.
  • cantwaittobe
    Options
    I'm not in that boat yet, but a healthy family is one of my biggest goals in life! Feel free to add me so I can cheer you on!
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am in the same exact spot as you... we recently miscarried and it would have been our first baby. Now we are trying again, but I am working really hard on getting as healthy as I can be. I would love to have any friends who can help cheer me on as well. Let's get healthy together!
  • kimbroughk23
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    So glad to hear there are others out there with a similar goal. I just started on MFP and am excited to start this journey. One of my main goals is to lose 50lbs so I will be healthy when my husband and I start trying to have a family. I would LOVE to have some friends on here to get healthy with and to encourage along the way. Please feel free to add me!
  • Jackie_McD
    Options
    Cheering you on! Whatever you can do now to get yourself healthy for pregnancy is such an important thing to do. Last July, we were blessed with a beautiful baby girl. From experience, I can tell you that being unhealthy while pregnant is really difficult. Being overweight and pregnant caused me to have high-blood pressure my entire pregnancy. Thankfully, I didn't have any complications until I was 37 weeks, when they decided that I needed to deliver because my creatinine levels were high, my blood pressure was through the roof and I was at high-risk for pre-eclampsia. We want to try for baby #2 in about a year in a half (when my husband finishes grad-school) and I am working hard to get down to a healthy weight before then. Feel free to add me too! It's great to have the support of people who are working towards the same goals as you!
  • megchrisl
    Options
    Hi! I am in the same boat! I have a 5 year old daughter and we would like to have another child. I want to lose weight before we try for our second child.
  • srosser
    Options
    Hi All,

Im in a similar place right now my little boy is due to turn 4 soon, and we planned on getting pregnant last year its taking longer than expected, so im hoping getting fit may help our chances of a second child as well as make the weight loss a little easier after birth.

Good luck to everyone x
  • vg_2012
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support! I am glad I am not the only one. Usually people are losing weight after they have the baby not before. I just got back from the doctors after having some blood work done. All is well and now it's on to losing the weight!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I was told by many ladies that "if you lose weight you'll get pregnant"... which was hard to hear!

#1: I know I'm overweight, thanks for reminding me...
    #2: My SOUL is yearning to be a mommy and you remind me I'm overweight, and blame it on my not being able to be that mommy... thanks again...
    #3: There could be a thousand other reasons why I am not getting pregnant, so thanks, ONCE AGAIN for reminding me that I am FAT!

Ugh, those awful memories... anyway, I never did get pregnant, even after losing 70+ pounds but I am in the best shape of my life to chase after my 2 and a half year old SON! (Hubby and I adopted last October!!!) I hope that you are able to be that mommy and nobody tells you that the extra pounds you hate so much are the reason you cant!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, it's been 3 years for us. I fell pregnant the 2nd month we tried, and I lost the baby later. And we haven't been able to conceive since! I've been on Clomid and am going to give it another try this year, although the doc couldn't really see anything wrong with me. My OHs sperm count wasn't bad but could have been better so he has been working really hard with diet and vitamins to get that right.

xxx
  • timetogetfitter
    timetogetfitter Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I got pregnant last year after trying to conceive for 6 months, unfortunately i lost the baby in July. I had already gained weight after stopping smoking and gained more weight after loosing the baby resulting in putting on 2 stones in two years.. I got pregnant the same time as a work college and was due to give birth this week. After seeing her bountiful baby I am now motivated to loose weight and get healthy in order to conceive and have a healthy pregnancy and baby. Would love to make some new freinds on here as i need all the help I can get so please feel free to add me.
    Good luck to everyone trying to loose weight and conceive x
  • mandalu292
    mandalu292 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! It's so tough to lose a baby after being so incredibly excited... it is nice to have support on here, especially people who know exactly what I've gone through. We wouldn't have been due until June, but I have a few friends due around that same time and it's hard not to think about... wishing you all the best!
  • DorothyR87
    Options
    When I went to my gyno several months ago and discussed possibly trying to get pregnant soon I was quickly advised to not do that until I lost weight and got my high blood pressure and cholesterol under control. It hurt to hear someone tell me I couldn't have what I want because I'm too fat, but the more I thought about it I knew getting pregnant know would put both my baby and me at risk. So now I am attempting to lose 50 pounds in order to be able to start trying for a baby.
  • vg_2012
    Options
    That is am amazing story! Congrats!
    I was told by many ladies that "if you lose weight you'll get pregnant"... which was hard to hear!

#1: I know I'm overweight, thanks for reminding me...
    #2: My SOUL is yearning to be a mommy and you remind me I'm overweight, and blame it on my not being able to be that mommy... thanks again...
    #3: There could be a thousand other reasons why I am not getting pregnant, so thanks, ONCE AGAIN for reminding me that I am FAT!

Ugh, those awful memories... anyway, I never did get pregnant, even after losing 70+ pounds but I am in the best shape of my life to chase after my 2 and a half year old SON! (Hubby and I adopted last October!!!) I hope that you are able to be that mommy and nobody tells you that the extra pounds you hate so much are the reason you cant!
  • vg_2012
    Options
    Hi Mrs. Reed. I can't imagine how that felt! I'm sure you'll come out of it stronger though. Good luck!
    When I went to my gyno several months ago and discussed possibly trying to get pregnant soon I was quickly advised to not do that until I lost weight and got my high blood pressure and cholesterol under control. It hurt to hear someone tell me I couldn't have what I want because I'm too fat, but the more I thought about it I knew getting pregnant know would put both my baby and me at risk. So now I am attempting to lose 50 pounds in order to be able to start trying for a baby.
  • vg_2012
    Options
    Hang in there! It will happen!!
    I'm with you, it's been 3 years for us. I fell pregnant the 2nd month we tried, and I lost the baby later. And we haven't been able to conceive since! I've been on Clomid and am going to give it another try this year, although the doc couldn't really see anything wrong with me. My OHs sperm count wasn't bad but could have been better so he has been working really hard with diet and vitamins to get that right.

xxx
  • corrsinblue
    Options
    Hi! I'm so glad you are planning!! I now have a 6 month old baby boy but I pre planned too before I got pregnant. Add me as a friend if you want. I've been in the exact same situation :) Now I'm trying to loose my pregnancy weight plus some.
  • amyestelle1985
    Options
    I was in the same boat and am now pregnant - now my goal is to keep the weight under control and not fall into the trap of "eating for two".. would love to cheer you on and visa versa :o) Feel free to add me as a friend!! :o)
  • vg_2012
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your lose. I can't imagine how that felt. Good luck and hang in there!!
    Hi all, I got pregnant last year after trying to conceive for 6 months, unfortunately i lost the baby in July. I had already gained weight after stopping smoking and gained more weight after loosing the baby resulting in putting on 2 stones in two years.. I got pregnant the same time as a work college and was due to give birth this week. After seeing her bountiful baby I am now motivated to loose weight and get healthy in order to conceive and have a healthy pregnancy and baby. Would love to make some new freinds on here as i need all the help I can get so please feel free to add me.
    Good luck to everyone trying to loose weight and conceive x