What was your rock bottom?

Options

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    When I couldn't walk short distances (from car to house or from parking lot to office building) without being near tears from back pain and needing a break.
  • beantown12
    Options
    When I put my suit on one yr later for a wedding.....and it was uncomfortably tight and I couldn't wait to unbutton it...:(
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Not really a rock bottom but - when I stopped saying "I'm okay with being this size" was when it changed. I looked in the mirror and said "this is not okay" and took charge.
  • francie442
    francie442 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Oh that was the hardest thing to hear for me too. I think the term my doctor actually used was morbidly obese.
    I walked out of his office in tears...
  • sgoodearl
    sgoodearl Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    When I walked by a window outside and thought to myself...who is that...me?
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    when a few people told me I should be a plus sized model. I know it was a compliment, but I didn't want to be a plus sized ANYTHING.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    A little over a year ago I went to the hospital to get my gall bladder removed and the nurse while looking at my blood test results said, "Are you diabetic?"
    "No.", I said with a confused look on my face.
    She said, "Well you will be." And walked out.
  • This weekend I catered some events for a local art collective and they have a photo booth. They posted the pictures and I realized I looked like a sausage woman stuffed into my black outfit. There were some body rolls...an extra chin...and i looked awful! I don't want to look like that the next photo booth that . I weighed myself today and I am ashamed to say I weight 200lbs at 5'8...I am my heaviest ever. My brother got engaged this weekend and I am told it will be a short engagement. I don't want to be as fat in his wedding photos as I was in mine.
  • Jenncoc86
    Jenncoc86 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    when i looked at my arms and saw my mothers.....
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Realizing I was too big to wear a swimsuit to the beach on a Mexican vacation...also I realized that something needed to change when I spent all my free time re-watching shows on my laptop while eating way too much chocolate and cheese (I even did this on vacation!!! WTF?!), hiding the food I ate from my parents, and being so unfit my heart beat faster when all I did was stand up...also I began smoking and such, so that wasn't good...
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Kind of today, my doctor told me I have pre-diabetes :L
  • Chika_2015
    Chika_2015 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I looked at a picture of myself and my muscle building husband and that was it for me. And when i started to out weigh my hubby it was over.

Now I am lighter and he can actually carry me with ease. Awesome feeling. I feel like a woman and not a bear.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Seeing myself in Christmas pictures from this past year... I was so gross looking... >.<
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    i weighed myself one day and i was about 255. never was the heavy ever before. and then i looked in the mirror and saw my devloping man boobs starting to stick out as far as my stomach.
  • TiffanyDeanee
    Options
    I decided to make a change because my pants sizes kept going up, and ripping on the inside thigh. And getting tired and sweaty while trying bigger sizes.
    Plus my face fat had me thinking that I was unattractive. For the longest I believed that I could have a fat body, as long as my face was untouched. That changed when I started to get my second chin. A bit of vanity I know, but that is really the reason.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I think rock bottom was yesterday. I stood on a scale that I had used a few years ago (from my roommate) and the number matched the doctors, and I was 30 pounds heavier than three years ago. Three years ago I was still big and called "obese". I had always been skinnier in high school, and when college/life/stress hit, the pounds gathered. I realized what I was doing to myself. I realized that I loved who I was, but I hated how I felt, not how I looked. I never thought I would get as large as I am, and moreso how unhealthy I was.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Having to take not one but TWO breaks walking up a slight incline in the snow to get to the lifts to snowboard. When I got home, I took an honest assessment of myself (and stepped on the scale). 5'9" and 240 lbs, and a smoker with a horrible diet. I was on the road to a pretty terrible life.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I saw myself in pictures with my friends and and I looked like a giant chipmunk. I was the fat kid that would have to "Jump on the grenade", so to speak. (Far Left)

26813_509229553770_103900387_30190285_4083302_n.jpg
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    When I decided that instant mashed potatoes were an okay food. No offense intended to those who enjoy them. Also deciding that my bi-polar medication might be more effective if I make a real effort to feel better.
  • Sienna555
    Sienna555 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I was 40 and decided I didn't want to die young. I lost 40 lbs in two years, then I quit smoking, and gained most of it back again. But I never quit working out. And I will lose that extra weight if I just keep working at it.