Am I doing something wrong?

Options
I understand when you do the cardio that you have to get your heart rate up and keep it up. But I have found that what I do makes me feel good. I used to walk at 2.5 but now have bumped it up to 3.0 for 2 miles. After the first lap I stop and go and do 25 verticle thrusts. Then after 2 laps I will again do another 25 verticle thrust and add 100 toe pushes. Then I continue another 2 laps and alternate from 25 verticle thrust and 25 lat pulls. I have found that I don't get burned out and get my cardio and aerobic at the same time. But am I doing wrong by this??? :ohwell:

Replies

• wildcatmom2u
    Options
    I understand when you do the cardio that you have to get your heart rate up and keep it up. But I have found that what I do makes me feel good. I used to walk at 2.5 but now have bumped it up to 3.0 for 2 miles. After the first lap I stop and go and do 25 verticle thrusts. Then after 2 laps I will again do another 25 verticle thrust and add 100 toe pushes. Then I continue another 2 laps and alternate from 25 verticle thrust and 25 lat pulls. I have found that I don't get burned out and get my cardio and aerobic at the same time. But am I doing wrong by this??? :ohwell:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Nope. Do what you like and will continue doing. You are doing a great job :bigsmile:

Some people really like to push themselves. And sometimes it is necessary to push yourself into the 80-90% MRH to lose that last 10 lbs. Don't worry about that now. :flowerforyou:
  • xmimikinsx
    xmimikinsx Posts: 191
    Options
    Whenever doing cardio try and keep your heart rate between 70/80 for optimum fat burning.