What was your rock bottom?

Options

Replies

• monalissanne
    monalissanne Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    When even my fattest "fat pants" wouldn't button and my "big" hoodies fit like a glove

This, and when my doctor told me I was "pre-diabetic." I had been hypothyroid for two years at that point, but hearing I might be diabetic killed me. I know this is horrible to say, but I feel like oftentimes adult onset diabetes is the disease of people who let themselves go, and I didn't want to be that person anymore.
  • eatherhey
    eatherhey Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I feel like I ruined this wedding.

2s1qfl2.jpg
  • choozlove
    Options
    YESTERDAY when I was stuck in bed all day due to my hip being out. I felt pregnant all over again. HATED it and remembered how badly out of shape and overweight I was while pregnant. Felt I'm going back in that direction and it scared the crap out of me! I need to lose 20 lbs and get working out again.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    saw a picture of myself at my kid's birthday party. it was given to me by a friend who took it and somehow thought i would find it pleasing to see....? i realized i was "fat mom" not "hot mom," and haven't looked back since.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Fat, drunk, and posing with a box of milk duds at the bar....proof...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/496906-down-54-pounds-pics
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I am surprised I havent seen this one yet:

I was tagged in a photo on the 4th of july on Facebook and I thought they made a mistake. Nope, I wasn't just a little thick, I was fat.

Got back on MFP and decided it was time to change my life for good. Not just to lose weight again, but to lose the weight forever and life a healthier life.
  • achief192
    Options
    When my doctor put me on high blood pressure medication......that was it for me!
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Just after my wedding in 2010 I weighed in at 181 lbs at the doctor's office & had higher blood pressure & cholesterol then my mother who was 100 lbs + & 30 years older then me. Now I go between 145-150 lbs. Right now I want to tone my body and get muscle. If I loose weight fine, but It doesn't rule me.
  • Melissa_Dawn90
    Melissa_Dawn90 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    realizing I was morbidly obese
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    When I could balance my wineglass on my stomach while sitting on the couch. I turned to my husband and said, "I am so fat" he responded "If that's how you feel, then do something about it".

:drinker:
  • dekayvil
    Options
    When dressing my feet became exercise as it was so difficult to do. Actually started first of January this is third week on here. Love this site!:sad:
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    When my son (age 8) asked if I had a baby in my tummy :sad:
    ...for the record, I did not!!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    When I could balance my wineglass on my stomach while sitting on the couch. I turned to my husband and said, "I am so fat" he responded "If that's how you feel, then do something about it".

:drinker:

Good for him, and you both.

I'm a little surprised to see that he is still alive though.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am bi-polar but I was going through a particularly bad depressive episode in September 2010.
    I went to the doctor and she changed my meds but she also told me I would benefit from the endorphins from exercise.
    I decided that, if I had to exercise to get my mind healthy, I might as well go all out and get the rest of me healthy, too.

That was 133 pounds and 100 inches ago. I feel 1000000X better physically and am so much more capable of dealing with emotional stress (usually) now. Exercise and proper nutrition are amazing.
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    looking at pictures from vacation and realizing I was HUGE. Pictures dont lie!

^^^^ this
  • kittzle
    kittzle Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When the number on the scale started with 3 and I only had 3 pairs of jeans that fit! I actually laid out all my jeans on the bed one day, comparing the waist band size to see what I might squeeze into, and then cussed myself up and down.
    A friend that I dearly love took a picture of me that embarassed me when I saw it, and 8 days later, I joined MFP.

I also had to try on every pair of shorts and capris in April because nothing fit for vacation!!! Joined MFP in Sept!

THE BEST feeling is that 5 months later every single pair of jeans I laid out on the bed that day fit wonderfully now (plus a few extra that never even fit when I bought them!!), and those 3 pairs that I could still wear, are being ignored on the top shelf in the closet!
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Seeing myself in pictures. Then when people would post pics on FB and tag me, I thought oh no everybody sees this I knew I had to make changes. I feel so much better now but still have more to lose.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    When I realized that I was embarrassed to show pictures of my babies first time at the beach due to my size. I decided that on our next vacation I would be proud to show every picture. And I am, this year will be even better.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I ran the goofy challenge 2011. I looked at pictures and was too embarrassed to show people the pictures because of what I looked like. Really I ran 39.2 miles in 2 days I should have been proud. I was till I looked at pictures! I now look back and I'm proud just not at the way I let myself get. It's a work in progress but I see a bright future! I ran the goofy in 2012 and did much better!
  • Cris725
    Options
    I knew I was over-weight, but it wasnt until Jan 1, 2012 that it really hit me. I stepped on the scale and it said 201. I swore I would never let myself get that far, but I did. So as of that moment, I started my journey. And here I am 1.5 months later and I'm already down 16 pounds. I will NEVER go back to that place. I love how I'm feeling and looking already. I cant wait to reach my goal. 50 pounds to go!