Over 40 And Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• BreK51
    BreK51 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Lol well I am way over 40, 60 to be exact. Overweight , yes , but excited about what I am going to accomplish here. I have already been encouraged to GO FOR IT,, AND WE ALL CAN DO THIS.. WITH ONE ANOTHER'S HELP ,, if any need my help. GIVE A HOLLER, my middle name is "encouragement" lol not really , but I do love to encourage people. Take care,, Bre K
  • drema2370
    Options
    I am over 40 as well and new to the site. I am in the right frame of mind this time around with my lifestyle change and plan on succeeding even if it is 1 pound at a time. Being new I do not have many friends on here so feel free to add me.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I'm 47 as of last month! now that we are living longer, we aren't even close to middle aged!!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
  • phillbis
    phillbis Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    47 here and decided to stop making excuses and to do something about my weight.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Welcome to My Fitness Pal! :smile:
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    42 here...and loving MFP. Welcome aboard.
  • LisaCFSF
    LisaCFSF Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm 45...going on 46 this year! You are not alone!!! We're all here for you!!!

Besides, if 50 is the new 30; then I'm still in my 20's!!! :wink:
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    55 here and a long way to go! Good luck!
  • Tamara_Lynn
    Options
    I, too am over 40 and looking for support on this journey, but of a gluten free lifestyle change. If there is anyone else who may be gluten free, that could help me, I would welcome the help.
  • sand71
    Options
    :happy: I will be 41 this year, and always had to fight with my weight. Feel free to add me as a friend! Workout buddies help, setting a goal helps, even if it a mini one.We all seem to have those bad days, and sometimes just need a friend for moral support,,,
  • SelmaBee
    Options
    Just joined and I am excited about the possibility of losing weight and leading a healthier lifestyle.
  • sonny368
    Options
    Because we starve.....I mean veggie and fruits doesn't always give you the feeling to be full !!!
  • tracysch108
    Options
    45 in one month. The Forties should be the FItties not the Fatties!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gwynnda
    Options
    Hi ladies, I just turned 40 in December. I went out with a couple of friends and saw the picture (profile pic) and decided I needed to make a change. I'm tired of being tired all the time. :)

I am on day 2 of the Supreme 90 day video series that I bought almost 2 years ago and it has collected dust ever since I got it in the mail. So far, I feel better and do have more energy.

Feel free to add me as a friend, we are all in this together and if we can encourage each other, we all succeed!!!!

Nice to read all about the fabulous ladies in this topic!
    Gwynnda
  • ckerce
    ckerce Posts: 25
    Options
    Yep Over 40 - closer to 50--ok ok ok I'm 48! lol

I have to self motivate and this website helps alot!

Good luck!
  • shawnp80134
    Options
    46 as of last month!! you can add me as well... good luck, & remember your goals.
  • sazzet
    sazzet Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm following the glycemic index diet. It is all about healthy eating. I am counting calories and eating foods low in the glycemic index. I have already collected a few recipes like diet ice cream, apple pie and salads. So anytime you need help with ideas for food I am learning to cook healthy, interesting food. My daughter is 17 and she seems to enjoy the food I'm cooking.
  • myf1101
    Options
    Hi

I'm over 40 and trying to lose weight as well. Started today just like you and am finding my way around the site. Hope to meet some friends who will motivate me on my journey.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Just turned 42. Feel free to add me!
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Hello - want a new friend? I joine last week and have lost 9 pounds so far