Over 40 And Losing Weight

Options
13»

Replies

• VoicelessRide
    VoicelessRide Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I will be 44 this year.....Welcome to the group!
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    How do I add people or how do they add me?
  • ckerce
    ckerce Posts: 25
    Options
    Yep Over 40 - closer to 50--ok ok ok I'm 48! lol

I have to self motivate and this website helps alot!

Good luck!
  • konij
    konij Posts: 1
    Options
    I had to reply because our names are so similar- not too often I see "Connie" spelled like ours. Joined today, will be 48 this year. Seems like to more I run on the treadmill, the more weight my HUSBAND loses. Hope this works.

Koni
  • 600racer
    600racer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm on the down side of 50 so I reckon I'm over 40 too
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm 44. I feel great when I'm working out. I've been using Turbo Jam & love it. I get a good calorie burn. I've been working on building muscle. I could use all the calorie burn I can get!

Feel free to add me. I need more, active friends.

Karen
  • Donnaakamagmid
    Donnaakamagmid Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    pushing 50. Joined 50 days ago and have lost 13 pounds, with 65 more to go.

I credit it to MFP the way it tracks my food & exercise and the wonderful women also over 40 who have been a great support system.. Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend
  • dimple_gal
    dimple_gal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Just turned 48. Age is just a number! Yes, the bigger the number is the harder it seems to lose weight. Stick to this site, it will motivate you! Keep track of what you are eating, working out, etc. Be reasonable! My first week I went nuts and injured myself, so the diet recommendations are more important than ever. Have fun, ask questions and be accountable. You can do this. Just look at each new day. Look back,only to learn what you might want to do differently.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just turned 42 and kick myself for wasting so much time at this weight--definitely not going to be this size by Christmas. Try to stay positive & focused, no negative self-talk...feed your body healthy nutritious food, workout, and you'll be on your way to a new n' slimmer you! :flowerforyou:
  • blynn2708
    blynn2708 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 40 last week, it wasn't easy either! I'm okay now, it's only a number:drinker: