What was your rock bottom?

Options

Replies

• emmamcblain
    Options
    A horrific photo from when I was to my friend's aunt's wedding. I literally cringed and went to bed embarrassed STILL hours later because I thought I looked decent, but oh. my. word. It wasn't the case. It wouldn't have been too bad, but it was professional photography so I couldn't even ask for anyone to take the picture down.

But whatever, bad realizations have made good changes for me so, upsides everywhere. :)
  • RollinDawg
    RollinDawg Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I use a wheelchair. One day I thought I had a flat tire because the wheel wasn't turning real well. Turns out the wheel was fine, I just had a fat *kitten* that was rubbing against the wheel and preventing it from turning.
  • TiffanyDeanee
    Options
    Walking up to the guy that you like the most and having him call you his chubby little sister. Umm I would prefer the friend category, because at least then I know I can help him change his mind. But putting me in the little sister/family category almost broke my heart. Plus no one wants to be the chubby little sister, pretend or otherwise.
  • kolakross
    Options
    When the scale tipped over to 90kilos.
  • jewels68
    Options
    July 2008. My neighbor scrapbooks. We had a camping trip out on a lake with the jet skis. Mine didn't sit in he water like everyone elses if you get my point. Then she showed me pages from that weekend. I thought I was finally okay with being over weight. Then the picture in the middle of her page was me in shorts and a tank top. Manning the BBQ. Where else would I be? Novemeber 2008 I got a lap band. Down 100 pound, but have gained a bit back. I still have a little under 50 to go. It's been hard. I gain and lose the same 10-15 pounds over and over again. This past year has not been great in the weightloss. This is a new year for me.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    When all my pants started getting to tight and finding out my super tall skinny boyfriend only weighed 10 pounds more than me. Oh and someone asking it I was pregnant. I went home and cried that day.
  • Larissa26
    Larissa26 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I really dont know. ive known for sometimes i needed to do something. But it had gotten to the point of being so out of breath, and finally i ralized I dont go anywhere anymore. I used to eat lunch with my daughter @ school, go to all of her activities at school. I was always on teh go. I dont anymore, its just not worth it anymore. I want to live!!!!
  • kbogati
    kbogati Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    When my son (age 8) asked if I had a baby in my tummy :sad:
    ...for the record, I did not!!

my 4 yr old asked me why I had a "jiggle jiggle belly"
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    I really dont know. ive known for sometimes i needed to do something. But it had gotten to the point of being so out of breath, and finally i ralized I dont go anywhere anymore. I used to eat lunch with my daughter @ school, go to all of her activities at school. I was always on teh go. I dont anymore, its just not worth it anymore. I want to live!!!!

It takes awhile to actually do something about it. I can guarantee it took all of us awhile to actually do something. I know the feeling of not wanting to go anywhere because that is just what happens while going through this sh*tty feeling. It feels so good to want to go back out! Good luck!
  • lalaloses
    Options
    We'd been trying for 6 years to conceive and flat out my GYN told me that she wouldn't prescribe treatment for getting pregnant unless I lost 100 lbs. just 89 more to go!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    you look great, now!

Thank you. People also treat me better now. Amazing how that works lol
  • kandyjay
    kandyjay Posts: 265
    Options
    you look great, now!

Thank you. People also treat me better now. Amazing how that works lol

haha yeah I know what you mean. Funny how when you become smaller people are nicer, eh?
  • purplemilly12
    purplemilly12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    when i looked at a picture from when i was in highschool with my friends and two years later i took a picture with the same friends and everyone had stayed at the same weight or lost some weight but i had gained so much weight i looked like i was pregnant.:embarassed:
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating while in a relationship. So every single picture taken with my ex is when I was at my height weight. So I won't ever do that again in the future.
  • anneouel
    anneouel Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    When I did a fundraiser for cancer in May 2011 and raised money to shave my hair (poor hair but it was a good cause) I was the heaviest I had ever been (261lbs) and had 2 chins, no hair and hardly fit into my work shirts anymore. People would stare and gawk at me, wondering If i had a brittney spears meltdown cause i was fat and shaved my hair off, pretty much did it.
    I saw a pic of me a friend took on an outing we did and I decided I didnt want to keep thinking "oh at least im not suchandsuch weight" and then reach that weight and say it over again with a higher weight.
    Im glad my sister showed me this site it keeps me motivated and while I still have anxiety some times about the journey, at least im not giving up.
    Theres no trying..trying implys room for failure, Im going to do it!
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    seeing a photo of me, high on heavy steroids and very round. I was like a ball, a squidgy face and huge.
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I just got up and did it one day... I fell of the wagon a few months ago and while at my families Christmas celebration on Dec 24... I was accused of being secretly pregnant. They noticed I was looking a little fuller. My family thought I was waiting for the holiday to tell everyone the news. I was not pregnant and the next day was back to running and on MFP. No mistaken me for being preggers now!
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    When I weighed as much as the day I went in to deliver my 8 year old. Seeing 242 on the scale was just too much. I have lost weight before, but never enough and now at my highest ever it is time to make a change...down 15 many more to go.
  • skinnycow197
    Options
    rock bottom for me was losing all my baby weight and gaining it back.. and having to buy fat pants again.
  • Brieve29
    Brieve29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Seeing a picture from my friend's wedding. It was caught when I wasn't really paying attention so no sucking in or anything of that nature, just me and my fat. I had been telling myself I was just a little overweight and that my pants were tight when I bought them. But those pictures couldn't lie and they definitely helped me realize the course I was on.