Best DVD workouts?

Options
Good morning!

I am in the process of wanting to purchase some workout DVDs, and wanted to know which ones worked best for you? I would like one that burns a lot of calories, as well as some that will help me tone. Any advice is welcome! Thanks for your help!

Replies

• jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip superhecticmom!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I really like Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, Zumba dvd's are great too, lots of energy!
  • SUPERhecticMOM
    SUPERhecticMOM Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who LOVES Turbo Jam...I've got it here to try out but haven't managed to get it in the DVD player yet. Looks like fun though :)
  • jpbenjamin
    Options
    I have a friend who LOVES Turbo Jam...I've got it here to try out but haven't managed to get it in the DVD player yet. Looks like fun though :)

I've wondered about this one, but heard that it's a good start but may not be highly intense? I'm looking though...thanks for sharing!
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options

I've wondered about this one, but heard that it's a good start but may not be highly intense? I'm looking though...thanks for sharing!

Turbo Jam can be as intense as you make it. I love those workouts, as well as the other workouts that Chalene Johnson (she does the turbo workouts) has. If you are looking for a really intense cardio workout should look at Turbo Fire
  • Tshuggah42
    Options
    P90X owns. Best I've used. Best selling work out dvds for 3 years now.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIyjnyHj1mk
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Lots of product reviews at videofitness.com, also reviews and preview clips at collagevideo.com
  • lelasutt
    lelasutt Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 'ripped in 30' is good. I just got her new system, 'Body Revolution' and i'm really liking it. both cardio and toning.
  • msjamartin
    Options
    Just did Bob Harper's Ultimate Cardio workout last night and it is a killer. Burned a lot of calories in an hour.
  • sarajo16
    sarajo16 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 'ripped in 30' is good. I just got her new system, 'Body Revolution' and i'm really liking it. both cardio and toning.

I've done the 30 Day Shred and now im doing Ribbed in 30 by Jillian Michaels - really good and the workout flies.
  • guise81
    Options
    I'm on second week of Ripped in 30 and love it!
  • Daisypotz
    Options
    Daft as it sounds, I use the Star Trek Next Generation boxsets. I bought myself a basic cross-trainer and now I just cross-train for the length of an episode :) And there's no getting bored as each episode is different (obviously!)
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second day of the 30 day shred. I "thought" I was in pretty good shape, that think kicked my *kitten*! I am looking forward to seeing the results that I have seen on other people.

Its only 20 minutes but let me tell ya, it is an intense 20 minutes!

I got mine for around 7 bucks on Amazon.
  • Stasha17
    Options
    I do both Ripped in 30 and Turbo Jam "Fat Blaster". I love Fat blaster, its in interval so you will burn calories and sweat!!!! I've had to see my stylist sveral times this month cause my poor weave cant handle the sweat. I love it.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Check out Michelle Dozois Peak 10 series- LOVE those! I'm also a turbo jam fan and I agree with "it's as intense as you make it". I burn about 400 cals in the 50min dvd for turbo jam and about 450 in an hour of michelle dozois peak 10 cardio interval burn or cardio strength dvds
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    LOVE Jillian Micheals Banish Fat Boost Metabolism for cardio. It is intense and burns a lot of calories. It is 55 minutes--but it has 7 circuits that are each 6 minutes (+ warm up and cool down) so you can customize the time if you are short on time. It actually took me awhile to be able to do the whole thing at once without stopping. Definitely one of the hardest cardio dvds I have done besides Insanity.

As for toning I love No More Trouble Zones by Jillian Michaels. It is also 55 minutes (7 circuits that are 6 minutes each + warm up and cool down) so it is very customizable too.

However, if you have more $ I would buy ChaLean Extreme for toning. I LOVE lifting heavy weights and I am definitely more toned and lean now.
  • jpbenjamin
    Options
    WOW! Thanks so much for all the tips! I am definitely ready to look all of these up and figure out which one works best for me! I really appreciate it!
  • jlebert716
    jlebert716 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Turbofire is amazing! Its super fun and Chalene is so energetic. Its also pretty intense, I burned 438 calories doing the 45 minute work out today
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would recommend the following....I love
    Turbo Jam. It is great! TJ Fat Blaster is awesome...love the
    turbos! Also check out Chalene Extreme..great for strength workouts. I also love all Jillian DVDs. Faves are 30DS, Ripped in 30,
    BFBM and NMTZ. The last two are longer but they are
    terrific if you have time.
  • ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Insanity
    Brazil Butt Lift
    Turbofire
    Zumba