Kettlebell ... Bob Harper's body Shred work out dvd

Options
Just bought my kettlebell today at Target ... have been watching everyone on Biggest Loser using this .... does anyone use this in their exercise routine ... if so .. love to hear about it. The Good .. the Bad and the Ugly ...

Thank you ....

Replies

• ekicinsk
    ekicinsk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes, its a nice change from regular weights. I enjoy mine...until the next days when my legs hate me. If you're doing squats/squat and swings, your legs are going to HURT the first few times!

here are some good basic moves:
    http://www.self.com/fitness/workouts/2011/01/kettlebell-workout-slideshow#slide=1
  • TwilaG
    TwilaG Posts: 134
    Options
    I was very interested in this also.
  • slp2112
    slp2112 Posts: 107
    Options
    I've been working with a trainer for more than 6 months now, and I would say 95% of the time when I'm using weights, he has me using kettle bells. They're much easier to integrate into full-body motions, which is great, though your muscles will be very sore, particularly the first few times you use them. I love kettle bells, have gained lots of muscle (and dropped lots of weight) with them, because you can use them to do cardio and strength at the same time. My only pointer would be to pay very close attention to the form of the motion - I've learned (by nearly knocking myself in the head a few times, as well as dropping and even accidentally throwing a KB once .... ) that form is everything! Enjoy!
  • lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have been using KettleWorx since last November, I think. I started with a 5 lb. to make sure I wouldn't have any troubles with my bad knees and disc in my back. I am now up to a 7 lb. bell and I love it! I can really tell a big difference in the way my abs feel. I've got a 10 lb. one waiting to be used. When I get there.

I like them because they are easy to use and you can work a lot of muscles in a short amount of time. I alternate with Zumba and just added some elliptical for my cardio.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants to tone.
  • Slughunter
    Options
    Consult Dragon Door dot com for ALL kettlebell exercises. Not all programs use correct posture and can even lead to a debilitating injury (eg. shoulders, lower back).

Just my two cents.
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    oh . might have bought one that may be to heavy ... did some research that recommended 18 lbs for women ... I got a 15 lb one ... well .. planning on starting with Bob Harper's dvd tomorrow .. let's see how it goes ... I will also check some of the other sites you recommended ...

thank you ...
  • ekicinsk
    ekicinsk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    oh . might have bought one that may be to heavy ... did some research that recommended 18 lbs for women ... I got a 15 lb one ... well .. planning on starting with Bob Harper's dvd tomorrow .. let's see how it goes ... I will also check some of the other sites you recommended ...

thank you ...

I started with a 15lb one (because they are expensive and I didn't want to need to buy a new one right away) and you should be ok if you've been doing any other weight training. Just be careful and don't overwork yourself. If you feel like its too much (which, with your first KB work out, it can be) just stop for a while. AND STRETCH!!!! Even still, you'll be sore. But it'll be one of those nice satisfying sores!
  • mandy42smith
    Options
    I jsut did my first 30 mitute workout with the Bob Harper's kettlebell video. Does anyone know how to add this exercise to our daily exercise log? I couldnt find it in the data base. Is there one I could substitute?
  • Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have just created a group for those doing the Bob Harper DVD's! Please feel free to join so we can all motivate eachother! :)

It's for the Bob Harper Inside Out Method

Thanks! :)