Give yourself a massage it helps in more ways then one.

Options
Massaging yourself helps with weight-loss, your skins elasticity, muscle relaxation, and stretch marks. It also helps eliminate toxins. I always do it to trouble areas very firmly. You're also improving circulation and helping fat deposits to break up. I use Olive oil to massage. That way you get nutritional benefits through your skin. If your skin is sensitive try grape-seed oil. They sell it at some GNC's. Make sure to drink a glass of water right after. You can also add it to your exercise log cause it can be a bit intense.

Replies

• DarthNox
    Options
    Good advice! I always make sure when I get out of the shower to give my trouble spots some TLC. I also use olive oil, but when I don't have that handy, I use St. Ives (no animal products or testing) coconut milk and orchid extract lotion. Not only does it help with breaking up the fat like you said, but the stress of following a food/workout regimen can really get to you (especially if those around you aren't struggling and don't understand), and we all need to de-stress some.. It's always good to give yourself some TLC! Loving yourself is *the* most important thing; not enough people pay attention to the emotional/spiritual side of their health. :)
  • MrzMensy
    Options
    I love every single word you just said. <3 I agree completely.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    What kind of nutritional benefits?
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    should my Olive Oil be extra virgin?
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    If I start in one place I can be totally relaxed in about 3 minutes.

p.s. you can't get nutritional benefits if it doesn't pass through your digestive system.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    should my Olive Oil be extra virgin?

Preferably an Italian varietal?
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this! I really love a happy ending.:flowerforyou:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I massage myself every night.

Best 30 seconds of my life.
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

Piss. He beat me to it.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm not convinced the area I massage has any fatty deposits to break up, but better safe than sorry I suppose! :blushing:
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options

Piss. He beat me to it.

^ Giggity.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I'm not convinced the area I massage has any fatty deposits to break up, but better safe than sorry I suppose! :blushing:

:laugh: :laugh:
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options

p.s. you can't get nutritional benefits if it doesn't pass through your digestive system.

I believe she is just talking about the oil nourishing the skin, not actually passing through to the digestive system. (Which btw, olive oil is very good for your skin)

"Among the natural antioxidants to be found in olive oil, there are A and E vitamins, as well as some polyphenols, well known for their ability to postpone aging. By taking out free radicals, freed in the body, these special agents are guaranteed to prolong your life, as they contribute to cell repair. The same thing is valid when you apply olive oil on your skin. As you may well know, our skin is many times exposed to pollution and other factors that cause it to grow older. By caring for skin with olive oil, you will limit the actions of these factors, and enjoy a beautiful skin for a long time"

http://www.oliveoilbenefits.org/olive-oil-for-skin/
  • diver71_au
    diver71_au Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    love a good massage .... i prefer getting someone else to do it though. Its my fortnightly reward for staying on track.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options

Piss. He beat me to it.

Oh what things I could say....

PS OP, i would waist my time to type more but massaging stretch marks is not going to make them go away. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  • MrzMensy
    Options

I believe she is just talking about the oil nourishing the skin, not actually passing through to the digestive system. (Which btw, olive oil is very good for your skin)

"Among the natural antioxidants to be found in olive oil, there are A and E vitamins, as well as some polyphenols, well known for their ability to postpone aging. By taking out free radicals, freed in the body, these special agents are guaranteed to prolong your life, as they contribute to cell repair. The same thing is valid when you apply olive oil on your skin. As you may well know, our skin is many times exposed to pollution and other factors that cause it to grow older. By caring for skin with olive oil, you will limit the actions of these factors, and enjoy a beautiful skin for a long time"

http://www.oliveoilbenefits.org/olive-oil-for-skin/

Thanks and yes that was what I meant.
  • TexasRaised89
    TexasRaised89 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

LMAO!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    When you do a self massage, you can guarantee a happy ending! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • duharvalgt
    Options
    Thanks for suggesting this ; my traps are always really sore hopefully this will make the pain dissipate a little.
  • MrzMensy
    Options
    It usually does at least for me.