What are you giving up for Lent?

Options
I think its time I kick all the bad out the front door. We drink diet pop even though its terrible for you, we eat fast food which is worse (which we have cut back a TON already), and watch too much TV when I could be playing with my sweet baby. I think this year its go big or go home! We have committed to a church and are new members so I think this year I am going all the way!!!

So what are you giving up for Lent?

Replies

• _Kate_P
    _Kate_P Posts: 132
    Options
    Peanut butter! I'm uncontrollable around the stuff. I'm also giving up refined/added sugars
  • LilysMommy2012
    LilysMommy2012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    lol i <3 peanut butter too!
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Nothing, not reason to give up anything, and I don't need to give up any food either. I am good, thank you for asking.
  • LilysMommy2012
    Options
    Thats your opinion and we are all entitled to one :)
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to give up a few pounds. =)
  • LilysMommy2012
    Options
    ME TOO!
  • blink1021
    blink1021 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Bread!!! All kinds gave it up one year and lost 26lbs w/o exercise hopefully I can repeat that and hopefully it will help me to give it up for good this will include tortillas. :happy:
  • stephzub
    stephzub Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    For 40 days, I will give up all of my excuses for not exercising at least 30 minutes each day and just do it!
  • VonRockette
    VonRockette Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I haven't decided!!! Maybe I will give up being lazy ;)
  • Ericacea
    Options
    I'm not a practicing Catholic anymore, but I still feel kind of compelled to give something up for Lent. Old habits die hard, I guess. I'm thinking of giving up responding to internet jerks... it just increases the negativity. It's not like you're going to change someone's mind about their desire to put people down, it usually stems from their own problems. I've found this site has mostly positive people, but it seems like negative comments stick with me more. Let's not let the haters get us down! Who's with me?
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up giving up. I will NOT give up on myself. Jesus doesn't, and neither will I.
  • kikina
    kikina Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    im not sure yet been thinking long and hard about what saccrifice i want to make.. commiting to a definete daily workout plan would be hard, but also not eating after 7:00pm that is also very very hard for me

but for once in my life which ever of these i do i want it to be my sacrifice for the greater good and that i stick to it.. no more excuses!
  • amymyres
    amymyres Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Alcohol....it is bad for me and LOTS of empty calories!
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I love it!
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    chocolate
  • lovelyrose11
    lovelyrose11 Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I am giving up my time - instead of watching tv I am gonna pray the Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet every day.
  • tyroneadams
    Options
    food lol.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    ummmm nothing!
  • morgansmama
    morgansmama Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Soda of all kinds (Sprite, 7-up) and Facebook! I want to grow my relationship with God and it's hard to do when you're too busy finding out other people's business. :) I'm going to focus on that relationship and getting as healthy as I can be! :)
  • srdeaver
    srdeaver Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am contemplating diet coke. It should be a sacrifice for what He did for us on the cross and this would be very hard for me!