Plentyoffish and dating

Options
woou
woou Posts: 668 Member
I made an account on POF way back in the summer of last year. Lost weight since then of course. I sent a few messages to someone who shared similar interests with me. Her messages were polite enough, and she just stopped responding after I asked her out. By the way, we never met. I didn't think it was a big deal, since those things happen. I never changed my profile.

We bumped into each other over the weekend. She recognized my name and asked if I was the same person on POF. Since then, she's been texting, messaging on FB, etc....

I'm the same person. Just lost some weight. I'm not sure whether I should give her another chance or just brush her off, since she didn't really give me the time of day back then. Or maybe things happened, and she was busy.

Since you guys have lost weight, how do you guys react to people who suddenly do a 180 on you?

Replies

• Tanyawhite30
    Options
    You are still the same person....You dont want to be with someone just because of your looks, I woudnt bother...make her regret she didnt get with you when she had the chance....but thats just my opinion :smile: Good luck! Congrats on the weight loss by the way
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If you find her interesting, go for it. And if it really bothers you, ask her about it.
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    She sounds shallow to me. . .

I still have a soft spot for someone who loved me even when I was fat. . . He's not a good match for me, but I think that shows he truly cared about ME, not just what I looked like. . And that's hugely important.
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If you find her interesting, go for it. And if it really bothers you, ask her about it.

i would do this be straight forward
  • GuerrillaHermit
    Options
    Aren't most people into online dating... plenty offish?

LargeThumbnail%5B1%5D.jpg
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    POF it hell, it doesn't matter if you are big or small..it depends on where you live lol. I live in a small city and its filled with guys who think its a pile of girls so desperate that their panties will fall off at the coffee shop..when mine don't its NEXT. I realize that sounds bitter perhaps it is..I just am sick of online dating..its depressing I just have zippo clue how to meet men in real life anyone with a clue pass it on please :)
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options

We have a WINNER!
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Interesting.

It's like a little experiment I've been running of my own.

Now that I'm in fantastic shape, I've grown an absurd beard for the past 4 months. It's really just a test to see what girls do, and do not talk to me/wanna hang out, etc. So come summer, when I shave and walk around half-naked everywhere, I know who to focus my time and attention on.

I'm very serious.

beardgone.jpg

I look like a complete creep and killer with the beard. But as my ongoing study shows, I seem to get equal attention right now (with the 4 month beard) as I did in the summer clean-shaven.

I also get pursued consistantly at work (bar) by very cute girls. So all-in-all, it's a GOOD thing they still wanna do stuff and hangout, cause I like to think it's REGARDLESS of how I look.

This is about the 3rd time I've run this experiment.

Ya, I'm a weirdo.
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would not bother. If she was that busy, she should have said so, not just blown you off. Despite you being interested in her now, if what seems to be her personality holds true, you might not need someone like her in the long run. Just depends what your objectives are I suppose, but if she didn't have the time to even bother before to even give you a straight up answer, I wouldn't bother with it. **disclaimer: I tend to throw dueces up easy-low tolerance for bullsh^t**
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    POF it hell, it doesn't matter if you are big or small..it depends on where you live lol. I live in a small city and its filled with guys who think its a pile of girls so desperate that their panties will fall off at the coffee shop..when mine don't its NEXT. I realize that sounds bitter perhaps it is..I just am sick of online dating..its depressing I just have zippo clue how to meet men in real life anyone with a clue pass it on please :)

I hear you big time! Same position with me too, I have too much respect for my body. I'm no longer bothering with online dating...not worth it.
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    HAHA, as I'm reading this, the ad banner is for none other that plentyoffish.

***** sounds shallow, IGNORE.
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I said to a friend the other day that I was going to wait till I was at my "fighting weight" to try a dating site. She was horrified! She thinks I should do it right now. She said, "Why would you want to date a guy who might not like you because you have a little extra weight?"

Well, because that guy is human. He has a few photos to go by, and some witty writing. As sucky as it is that an awesome guy might flip right past my photo, I do get it. I have surely done the same thing.

Until people get to know each other, that "first impression" of our photos, etc. are all we have.

If I were you, I'd be flattered that my hard work had paid off, and that she was definitely noticing you now. I don't know that it's shallow that she didn't before-- it's just human. My opinion.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I think you should go out with her for a one nighter, then act like you're avoiding her. When she asks why tell her she's a little thick for your tastes. Even if she isn't large, it will mess with her head. :smile:

Seriously, there are tons of reasons why things might not have clicked. So, I wouldn't assume anything about the earlier encounters.....
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you're after. By what I mean don't hope too much from her for a LTR...
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    While I am happily together with someone I have noticed people are way nicer to me than before. I certainly get more attention than before. I will say the people I tend to think are the most precious in my life are those who have been with me since the start.
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    In my time on POF I found a lot of weirdos, creepers and pervs. When the time came that I stopped looking and started to focus on myself is when I found someone (not online). I guess everything happens for a reason, and I never believed people when they said it comes when you are least expecting it but I surely do now! Keep your head up and good luck with the dating, its hard to find a decent sincere person these days and when you do, you better hold onto them!
  • xoSundaydrive
    Options
    Do what you feel is right, but you deserve someone who will be with you whether you gain weight or lose. I met my boyfriend on okcupid, and he fell in love with me when I was fat, still loved me at my highest weight and is still in love with me as I am losing this weight. You just need to find that right one.
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Well, because that guy is human. He has a few photos to go by, and some witty writing. As sucky as it is that an awesome guy might flip right past my photo, I do get it. I have surely done the same thing.

Until people get to know each other, that "first impression" of our photos, etc. are all we have.
    This doesn't matter though, since the people who skipped past you will "click" on your picture when you are in a "better shape". And they probably won't remember your name either, so it won't matter to them that they skipped you in the past.
    So you should subscribe as soon as you want, and as your look changes, some people will start stopping by, other will keep ignoring you.
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think you should give her another chance. Meetiing someone in person is way different then trying to get to know someone online. There is a chance that her reluctance didnt really have anything to do with you, it may have had more to do with the online situation :smile: