Last 10

Options
dewdrop
dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
I see many complaining that the last 10 are the most difficult to lose. I, for one, cannot call them "the last 10", cos I haven't lost that much (bows to those who have come such a long way and :flowerforyou: ). Yet, I have some stubborn "last" 5 - not sure it's about the 5 or the fact that I still don't keep eating under control. So I need a kick - maybe this thread will be such a thing.

So... I thought that maybe those with "last 10" out there would like to join me in this struggle. I've seen in one thread a nice thing about confessing weaknesses. We can do this here too, to start with.

I'd say we begin by posting on Wednesay our weigh-ins and take it from there. Feel free to announce by then your willingness to take part in this and to make suggestions of how we should get this thread/group going (say, what challenges we should post here).

Who's with me?

Replies

• dewdrop
    Options
    Guess it's too early in the morning for this... :ohwell:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    This might be ridiculous, but I'm giving it a bump, just in case...
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! If you will keep me on this site i would :heart: you so much! I'll be your last 5 buddy!
  • dewdrop
    Options
    I'm with you! If you will keep me on this site i would :heart: you so much! I'll be your last 5 buddy!

I already :love: you :wink: , cos I so need this :smile: .
    Get ready for the weigh-in on the 1st of July. :glasses:
  • fm1304
    fm1304 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my guilty pleasure.. sweet stuff. i bet thats not a surprise.. but i'd like to think i work for it too.. plenty of walk and otherwise calorie smart..

but yes.. i am so there too. last 5 to go.. and stuck.. just stuck so badly. though everyone keeps saying it doesnt show and that its fine this way. and that i look healthy and all. but its the scales.. they scare me everytime i get on them!!!!

can i join without weighing in.. :smokin:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    can i join without weighing in.. :smokin:

Sure. Just thought that the 1st of July is a good time to officially kick-off :wink: . Welcome :flowerforyou: .
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 10 and may consider losing more-if I ever get there.
  • fm1304
    Options
    *mental note* get ready to freak yourself out missy. 01, july 2009. thou shall get on the monster machine..:sad:

thank you.. g'luck to us all :drinker:

by the way.. was going through your profile. you're taller than i am and you weigh less. do you really need to lose more? i know its the dreaded question.. but you look good in your current picture..

emm..?? :indifferent:
  • dewdrop
    Options
    by the way.. was going through your profile. you're taller than i am and you weigh less. do you really need to lose more? i know its the dreaded question.. but you look good in your current picture..

Well, I want to tone up a bit, cos my tights are still big :ohwell: . I also want to stop eating bad stuff, till I'm sick like I've done the past 3 days (hence, "I need a kick"). Plus, I wanna learn how to be OK with my weight and how to not freak out when I reach my goals and start eating bad and gaining it all back.

See, I have lots of things to work on. If, along the way, I decide that 128lbs is just right, you'll see the butterfly reaching the end of my ticker in a blink :wink: .

Thanks for all you've said and let's learn together to earn some confidence in ourselves. :glasses:
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Can I join for the last 10 group, darn those are so hard. I feel like I have been working on those last 10 pounds for ever :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    I'd like to join you too! I've been weighing in on Mondays with my husband....but its discouraging when he loses 3 lbs for every 1 of mine!:sad: ......I need some female support to keep motivated for that last 10 pounds. My original goal is within 7 pounds......but 10 pounds would be where I was at my ideal weight (many moons ago!) Last week I worked SOOOOOO hard and only lost 2/10 of a pound! :explode: I love this site though and truly am grateful that my husband is losing weight too!
  • fm1304
    Options
    Plus, I wanna learn how to be OK with my weight and ---

i "know" what you mean. i don't ever remember the last time i was ok with mine. or that i ever felt i had truly reached my goal weight.. or felt good slash healthy about myself. although i dont eat all that off..

oh well..

keep us posted! :smile:
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    :blushing: oooops.....I just realized how YOUNG you all are....and beautiful! I'm soon to be 55 so I hope I can join!
  • fm1304
    Options
    its discouraging when he loses 3 lbs for every 1 of mine!:sad:

aaaaa!! :angry: its horrible when that happens!! men can just melt away those pounds.. and we have to burn our bums off!

but hang in there.. you are on the 'sure shot weight loss' track..

so rejoice! hehe :drinker:
  • DaniNei
    DaniNei Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you guys also. I have 5 pounds left to lose and I am getting discouraged. I'm so close and I don't want to give up, but I honestly don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

I'm hoping this group will help.
  • dewdrop
    Options
    Welcome, yanicka, Jill, DaniNei - thanks for making me forget all about the embarassment of bumping my own thread. So we officially start tomorrow, 1st of July - please post you weight-ins, if you're OK with that.

Do you think it makes sense we post how much calories we put in vs. how many we burned each day?

Or maybe we could post "what I've done right vs where I failed today". With the purpose of commonly identifying where we're doing wrong.

Please share with us how many times you exercise per week and what kind of training or what you do to stay active.

Let's just do this! If others can, why can't we? :wink:
  • fm1304
    Options
    dewdrop

all of those make sense to log in. plus sleep hours could also be added. i think most of us have bad sleeping patterns, which in itself leads to problems like snacking.. fatigue and inefficiency in workouts.

oh and how about also posting in height with weight
  • dewdrop
    Options
    dewdrop

all of those make sense to log in. plus sleep hours could also be added. i think most of us have bad sleeping patterns, which in itself leads to problems like snacking.. fatigue and inefficiency in workouts.

oh and how about also posting in height with weight

Oh, absolutely, absolutely! I had an attempt to start a thread to keep account of the sleeping, since MFP does not yet allow to set this as an option. Excelent idea!

I also agree to height and weight, except the goal bit could only address the later :laugh: .
    I'll start a new thread tomorrow and will try to come up with a format in which we should post this data.
  • ChaChaMommy
    Options
    They all sound like great ideas, and I'm looking forward to joining with you all!:flowerforyou:
  • Schaff
    Schaff Posts: 83
    Options
    I am soooo IN ya'll! I have been on the last 10 since February!!! Talk about FRUSTRATING!!! I managed to get down to 132, but I have gone up 3 pounds since then. Its like you have to fight sooo hard for those last 10! I don't know about the rest of you, but when I see the scale go down 0.2 pounds I get wicked excited!!!

My biggest weakness is sweets, I have accepted the fact that I will always have a HUGE sweet tooth. I tried quitting sugar cold turkey, that backfired! Right now I have rediscovered one of the BEST low calories deserts ever. No Pudge Fudge brownie mix with lowfat vanilla yougurt. If you look on the side of the box it gives you a recipe for a single serving, which by my calculation only runs you up about 130-150 calories for a BROWNIE!!! Love it, you can get the mix at Trader Joe's.

Anyway, I will be logging in bright and early tomorrow, you can count on that!

118936.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter